Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Looking Back on 2014

I really have debated on doing this post.  I wanted to do this post because I always have at the end/beginning of each year, BUT I wasn't sure that I could find anything positive to say. 

AND THEN I realized that everything I have to say should be positive.  It seems 2014 was a year consumed of cancer, emotions, heart ache, death, sadness, etc.  BUT what I have realized is that although my hatred of cancer is strong and although last year was the hardest year of my life thus far, God used that dreadful disease to teach me a lot of valuable lessons. 

This year I learned:
(1) How to love harder.  Life is short.  Moments are forever.
(2) Cancer strips you of so many things, but in return it teaches you A LOT.
(3) How to let go of things that never really mattered anyway.  Just things I was unknowingly holding on to that was interfering with relationships.
(4) How to lean more on God. 
(5) That cancer also forms friendships.  I have gotten very close to several people that have been a huge encouragement to me. 
(6) That God is everywhere.  He is that phone call, text message, card in the mail or email that I needed to read at just that moment.  He is that random person that gave me a hug out in public.  He is that random act of kindness from people that surprised me with bracelets, a car decal, shirts, pictures, etc.  My eyes have really opened this year.  I see Him everywhere I look.

So with all of that being said, I thought I would share some photos from the year.

My 3rd niece, Ally Anna was born.

I celebrated my friend, Danielle, turning 30 with  her family and friends at her grave.

I turned 29


I witnessed Kyle's grandmother getting baptized


 We had a huge Ice Storm

I was able to go on field trips with the kids

Kman fell in love with tball

 I witnessed my uncle shaving my moms head.


And my sweet Daddy let the kids shave his head and he shaved Karters.
The girls had their annual dance recital.  Sophie's first.

 Karter turned 5....


Heidi turned 8

... and Sophie turned 4

Kman graduated from preschool
We had a great summer in the sun! 

Heidi started 3rd grade and Karter started Kindergarten

Kman got his first set of stitches

Karter also had his first sleep over.

Sophie started preschool

 .....There were so many memories made.....


Thanksgiving 2014.... I was in the hospital with Mom that afternoon, so Kyle took this picture for me :)

 Christmas 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

  1. Love you! I thank God for you and your friendship often. One of my goals for this year is to be a better friend. Hope to spend more time with you.

    ReplyDelete