Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Just an Ordinary Penny

To most of you this is just a penny.

Just an ordinary penny.  Worth one cent. 

To me, this one penny is worth so much more.

One penny can't by you much in this world.  But this penny bought me the whole world.  You see, back in December the second time we went to the hospital that month, my sweet mother in law was here to take care of my children.  As I was gathering my things she asked me if I had money or needed money.  I told her I was okay and had money.  I continued gathering my things and then my precious little boy walked up to me.  He knows that a penny is worth one cent, but he doesn't realize that a penny can't buy you anything.  All he was thinking was emptying his piggy bank to give me whatever he had in it.  He had recently used all his money, so a penny was all he had left.  

I took that penny with the biggest smile (& tear) on my face and gave him the biggest hug.  What he did was so selfless and although they weren't wanting me to leave them (again), he wanted to make sure his Mommy was okay.  

I have put this penny in a special place to keep forever.  Sometimes it is the small things in life and the small reminders that keep you going.  

Image result for worth of a penny

No comments:

Post a Comment