Wednesday, November 18, 2015

What Does Your Hair Say About YOU?

 I am sure that YOU just like me have never really thought much about what your hair really says about you?

I got to thinking about it now that Mom is bald for the second time.  She has zero hair and is just as beautiful.  All those years of her worrying about her hair, not wanting one single strand out of place... never really mattered.  She'll often say that she wishes she would have let the windows in the car down more or let us play with it when we would try.  When I was little I had to have mine perfect.  I didn't like bumps.  Now a days, I just do my best :-)!

Ever wondered what you would look like bald?  Would your smile still shine? Would people still see you as YOU and not just a baldy?  We focus so much on our looks and our hair style when all that matters is what's on the inside.  I have told Mom I was going to shave my head so that we could be twins, but she has begged me not to.

 Image result for inner beauty
 I love that quote.  I know SEVERAL people that have really nasty attitudes.  They rarely smile and their behavior and actions are not very kind.  I don't want people to say those things about me.  We need to live each and every day like it is our last and always strive to put a smile on someone's face.

We need to let our hair blow in the wind.

Mom wanted a new wig this time, so she and Tyler spent several hours in the wig store trying on different ones and playing with them.  To me it just shows you that no matter what your hair looks like, your inner beauty still shines outwardly. 





This was her wig from the 1st time. 
Some of my friends' husbands are very opinionated about their hair.  Sometimes I wish Kyle was, but he just always tells me I am beautiful no matter what my hair style is.  To me that helps me to be more of myself.  I don't feel like I have to keep it a certain way just to make him attracted to me.  He loves me for me and not because of how my hair is.  

So what does your hair say about you?
- Are you fun and adventurous and like to try new things (cough cough Kayla)?
- Do you mostly wear your hair in one style..... all the time?
- Do you like it short? Long?
- Do you try different colors? Cuts?

* Just remember, one day you may not have any hair.  Don't let it define who you are.

Image result for fearfully and wonderfully made

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Toyia! You are right. "Beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mother is a beautiful lady with hair or without.

    ReplyDelete