Monday, July 21, 2014

5 Things We Couldn't Live Without.....

 Have you ever thought about items you absolutely could not live without?  Say if you were stranded on an Island?  Items.... not people.  We would all have our families with us if we could.

I thought it would be fun for Kyle and I to come up with lists. 

 Here is his list:
 (1) His Bible.
          - Obviously God is very important for both of us.  Without Him we would have nothing. Reading His Word would be essential in staying sane on a stranded Island.

(2) His truck.
         - I'm not real sure how his truck got on the Island (HAHA), or how he will keep fuel in it on the island (HA), BUT a Southern Man loves his truck.

(3)  His knife.
        - Well of course.  He doesn't go many places without it.  Maybe the knife could help him build some roads for "his truck" (HA).

(4) A gun.
        - I mean if you are on an Island you never know when this will come in handy.

(5) His fishing pole.
        - My husband loves to fish.  I was not at all surprised he put his fishing pole on the list.

The more I thought about his list, the smarter I realize his list is than mine.  He has tools to survive.  He will be able to kill food, fish for food, clean it with his knife, sleep in his truck, etc.  I will be able to sit on the shore "in luxury" in hopes that all my other needs would be met.  Or better yet, maybe I am stranded with him.  That would work.

My List:
(1) My Bible.
          - Without God's word I would be completely useless.  It is absolutely something I cannot live without.

(2) Photos.
          - Pictures are so very important to me.  I love taking them, I love capturing each and every moment that I can, but not only that I also love looking back at them just as much as I like taking them.

(3) My camera.
           - Funny how my cell phone wasn't even on my list.  With it, I guess all my problems would have been solved and I could have called for help (oops).  I take a lot of pictures with my phone, but I prefer pictures I take with my camera.

(4) Makeup.
           - A girl loves her makeup :)!!  I'm not really sure who I was thinking I would need to impress on this Island, but I would be set to do so.  Which sometimes as a female, I think we like makeup for ourselves.  Sometimes it just makes us feel better.

(5) My toothbrush.
           - I brush my teeth..... A LOT.  If given the choice between brushing my teeth and taking a shower, I would probably brush my teeth.

It's funny to me the difference in his survival kit and mine.   It truly shows how different men and women think.

I am not good at relating to men or thinking of gifts for them.  I usually turn to Kyle to help pick out things for all our men folk.  But, there is this neat place that can now help with all of those... what do I get him??? questions..... it's called, Man Crates.  Y'all should really check it out.  It may help suffice all of those "survival mode" answers.  They have a wide variety of crates that seem to meet a lot of needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment