Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Kyle's Accident at Work

 If you get grossed out or a queezy stomach, I recommend you not looking at the pictures in this post.

Last week at work Kyle was pressure washing and the tip came off and flew under his shield and sliced his lip.  It happened about 11:30 that night.  He kept trying to call me, but I didn't heard it until 1:30..... and when I saw that number I knew something had happened.  I was so thankful that he didn't give up on trying to call me.  When he told me I didn't know what to say, think, or do.  I hated so badly that he got hurt and I was so afraid that he was going to get in trouble.  They are very big about safety on the rigs and I was worried they wouldn't see how hurt he was and go right to the "you shouldn't have done this or should have done that".  BUT thankfully there was nothing he could have done to prevent it.  His company was very sympathetic. 

They flew him out the next morning.  The medic on the rig did not feel comfortable doing internal stitches so they were flying him out to get stitches on shore.  Turns out it was a good thing the medic didn't try to stitch it.  His lip caved in, so they actually had to end up sending him to a plastic surgeon in New Orleans to reform his lip. 



 .... and after the surgery.....
 .... the next morning....
He says that it doesn't even hurt.  I know the lip is very quick to heal, but it just looks to me like it would be painful.  He got a total of 7 stitches and will see the plastic surgeon again Thursday to get them out. 

I am so thankful for him and the sacrifices that he makes for our family.  It was so hard for this to have happened and me not to be able to be with him. 

1 comment: