Friday, November 14, 2014

In This House We Will Giggle

 My friend, Valerie, surprised me with this book (she went to college with the author)...
 It has become my school line read.

So far I have really enjoyed it. 

In the intro I came across this page....


She hit the nail on the head for me.  Raising kids is so tough!  It is the absolutely most rewarding experience EVER.... but it oh so hard at the same time.  When they are little, they are sweet and very dependent on you.  The older they get, the sassier they become and the more "independent" they think they are.  It makes it hard to figure out the correct discipline sometimes.  Each child is so different that this method or that works on this child, but not that one. 

I liked how she said that her daughters were not her whole world.  So many times we say, "our children are our whole world".... but they shouldn't be.  God should be our whole world.  If He is our whole world, then our children will see that and He will hopefully be their whole world too.

Being a single Mom for 3 weeks at a time can become tremendously overwhelming.  Especially when some are sick, or they don't sleep nights on end (yes.... my 4 and 5 year old still get up sometimes.... twice this week... which twice is a huge improvement), or they get hurt.... and the list goes on and on and on.  Sometimes it is hard not to let finances, sickness, chaos, etc.  get in the way of being the best Mom that I possibly can. It is my job to make sure they know and understand that they are God's children before they are mine.  He has just lent them to me here on earth.  I am so grateful that He chose me to mother them.

I want our home to be full of giggles, laughter, and lots of tickles.  I want our children to grow up wanting their home to be like ours is now. 

Most of all, I want our children to know that God should be the most important thing in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment