Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Cast Free at Last!

Strutting her stuff with that free foot.
 I don't know who was more excited about yesterday being Cast Off Day.... me or Sophie. 

After preschool it seemed that she was asking me every 5 minutes if it was time yet.... was it time?  Momma let's go! 

Having the cast most definitely did not slow her down...... ANY!

 While I am getting ready she generally is spanking me on the butt, crawling all over the counter, pulling stuff out from everywhere, pretending to put on a "makeup show" (like you see on YouTube), or pulling all of my shoes out and trying them on.  She stuffed that cast down as far as she could in one of my boots :)!
 FINALLY! The time had come....... I took a before we went in picture :).....
 ...... she stayed busy in the waiting room.....
 ..... and of course just as busy in the room.......

 .... and then they took it off :)...... and she was happy happy!

..... the after math......
 It still looks rough, but he said that it healed very nicely.  The bump on her ankle is scar tissue.  I was/am very nervous about her re-injuring it as rough as she is, but he assured me that she should be fine and can do anything she wants to do.  They will do another x-ray in a month just to make sure.
She went to dance afterwards and then we went to Wal-Mart.  She said it hurt some while she was skipping, so she stopped :)!!  So as of now it is just sore.  She still walks pretty funny.  Like she still has the cast on.  But that shower last night without bagging her foot, making sure it couldn't get wet, putting the stool in tub, etc..... sure was nice.  And did I mention how heavy she was with that cast on? 

BTW.... yes she does have on a boot and ballet shoe (partially.... the back was off because of sore).  #1 Mom forgot her other boot. 

 Dad picked up the other two for me from school and sent me this picture :)......

So the cast is off and WE (absolutely we) have been set free!!!

1 comment: