Monday, February 2, 2015

My Absence / Turning 30!

 I really cannot believe that I have been such the blog slacker that I have been.  I blamed it on Kyle when he was home.  He gets the blame for everything right?  Isn't that what husbands are for? HA!  No really, we started watching The Walking Dead when he first got home and we seriously could not stop.  We mostly watched it when the kids would go to bed.  We would watch 2-3 episodes a night.  Then it got to where we would watch 1...... 2...... okay.... sometimes 3 episodes in the morning after we dropped the kids off for school.  And I don't know if any of you have watched it, but it isn't a show that I can blog and watch.  It basically takes my full attention. 

Now that we are all caught up on the seasons thanks to our major Netflix addiction, I can hopefully get back to blogging like I was. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I know this is going to seem silly to some of y'all, but January 22nd I turned 30!!  The closer the 21st came to an end.... this is how I was feeling.....
 I'm not real sure why it hit me so hard unless it was when Tyler text me and told me that it was like I was going to be an official "adult".  That's exactly what I feel like too.  Like my "youthful" years were up at 29.... and now I am starting my "mid life" years.... I don't know... it was just a weird feeling to me.  I had never felt older on any birthday except this one. 

Plus the last year I was in my teens, I was married and in "fairy tale land".  The last year in my twenties I was a Mom of 3 wishing I could take it back a few years.  Maybe that had a lot to do with it?

Either way, it is what it is..... I am 30 regardless :)!! And I am so thankful to be able to say that I am 30.  My friend, Danielle, never got to say that. 

It was absolutely a fabulous 30th birthday too!

I had never ever had GiGi's Cupcakes until Amanda surprised me with some.  I was SO happy when she showed up with 6 cupcakes!!!  No, the 6th one hadn't been eaten yet :)..... it was in a separate box for some reason.  It was Banana Pudding and I do believe my favorite was between that one and the red velvet.  Kyle and the kids enjoyed helping me try them all out.

This cake was delicious! It was red velvet with cream cheese icing :)!


 Friday night we went to Japanese and celebrated mine and my Grandmother's birthdays :).....




On the ride home from Japanese these two were wore out. 
 Now to leave you with this funny that I found that is so true.....

No comments:

Post a Comment