Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Countdown, Family Advent, Elf Strike.....

 The sun was shining through so brightly with that picture that it isn't very clear.  After I took the picture of them wrestling first thing yesterday morning, they actually played together nicely for about 5 minutes LOL.  They built a "house" around them with pillows lol.  Told me I was the Monster.

We had a wonderful day :)..... Sophie took a long nap, so Karter and I were able to get lots of odds and ins done :). 

Heidi is excited everyday to see what Jing & Buddy have gotten into.  Well yesterday when she got home from school they had colored her picture haha.... I told her she looked like her Daddy now hehe!
 Here she was checking it out.....
 I have wanted to do some sort of Countdown to Christmas for a couple years now, but always "ran out of time".  This year I made sure we did it.  I did a Christmas chain and each day the kids will take turns pulling a chain off and we have to do whatever is written on it.

 Yesterday was Heidi's turn.... start with the oldest :)....
 Her's said, "Unwrap a book to read".... I wrapped 4 of their books they aready had.  Very neat and inexpensive way to make Christmas fun.
 Since Heidi picked the chain, I let Karter pick the gift. 

 The Daddy Book :)..... how perfect???
 They each sat at the counter and we read the book.  I loved how they actually mostly cooperated.

Once we got finished reading, we started on supper.  I saw a recipe on pinterst that was a Pizza Roll Up.  I knew the babies would love to help.... and I thought Heidi would too, but she didn't.





 This was sooooo yummy!!!! The kiddos ate it up.
 My friend and our DT teacher on Sunday nights told us about this really neat website.... www.familyadvent.com that is an awesome way to teach your kids about the Real Meaning of Christmas.  I highly recommend it.

We started it yesterday after dinner.  Yesterday talked about "sin" and it really explains it so that the kids can understand it. 
 There is even a video to help them "see" it.... and as you can see they are very in tune.


There were some activities that went along with it, but I decided not to do those.  By this point Karter had really lost interest :). 

And sadly..... Jing and Buddy are on ELF STRIKE!  Karter and Sophie touched them yesterday.  Sophie thought it was funny to touch them and she actually said, "they should be up there.... or there.... or there...."  pointing everywhere and anywhere up high.  I guess they would be less tempting then. 

They disappeared while Heidi was at dance.... she was sooooo mad at her brother and sister. 

Oh and those silly elves misspelled "both".... I guess they were in a hurry?

I guess we'll see how long they stay will stay gone?????

No comments:

Post a Comment