Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Fix It Mommy.....

I can't seem to get Karter's innocent little words that he said in the above video out of my head.... "You gotta Fix it".  He was so certain that I could "fix" that poor little lizards life and make it just jump up and run off.  After all, that's what we do right?  We fix all sorts of things.  Mommy's fix boo boos, bad days, hurt feelings, drawings that tear, things that break, etc.  surely I could put the life back in this lizard???

Well I got to thinking about that especially after this past weekend.  Sunday morning Ino had an amazing group come, !!  They were such a blessing to me and I know so many others.  Most were from Nepal, Uganda, and the Phillipines.  They were soooo full of "sunshine" so to speak and just radiated with the love of Jesus.  These kids are orphaned or disadvantaged kids.  They don't have a mother to "fix" things.  All they have to rely on is Jesus Christ and it really shows.  I actually tried to stop smiling during their performances and I just couldn't.  I was smiling and crying.  It was an experience that is hard to explain.  At the end of the service, the children walked up and down the aisles, greeting us with hugs and smiles.  They were just thankful for the opportunity to sing for us.

I have done some research on them since they left.  My mom had lots of questions for me and my brother Sunday that I was unable to answer, but wanted to know the answer :)....These children travel the U.S. for 10 months raising the awareness of the plight of orphaned and disadvantaged children all over the world.

You can visit http://worldhelp.net to learn how you can help save a child. 

*** It really made me thankful that I am a mom to a son that knows and feels that Mommy usually can fix whatever problem there is..... in a child's eye anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment