Monday, June 23, 2014

Last Days in Laurel, Mississippi

 Our week in Laurel was a week I don't think we will forget.  Bored is an understatement.  The pool and hot tub both stayed broken the entire week.  The pool was supposed to be heated, but it remained ice cold and it looked like a pool full of milk of magnesia.  We did take Kyle to school one day so that we could have the car, but the only thing to do was go to a park and the kids were bored with that pretty quick. 

Anyway, we spent most of our days in our little hotel room.  Playing barbies, entertaining each other, playing batman, painting toe nails, etc.  When Kyle would get in each evening we would meet him at the door ready to break out of our cage. 

I still managed to get lots of pictures :)!!!

Here are a couple videos of the shows the kiddos put on for me.....
 One of the parks.....





Hard to tell but she was practicing her "balancing a straw on my head" talent.
 We played at the park, picked Kyle up from school, and then headed to the mini mall that we found.  We did a little bit of shopping and then as we were walking through the mall we happened upon a movie theater.  HALLELUJAH!!!  So we went to dinner and then headed back to watch Maleficent.  It was a REALLY good movies.  Even Karter and Sophie enjoyed it.  They said it was a little scary, but over all they were very entertained.
  When we got back to the room, our school boy had to study....
 That night Heidi woke up sometime during the night throwing up.  That was just icing on the cake.  Bless her.  I'm not sure if something she ate just didn't settle well or what, but she never ran fever and didn't throw up any more.  When I told Mama about it, she asked if she needed to come get us.... I quickly replied, YEEESSSSSSS!! Then told her I was kidding.  We could survive another day.

When Kyle came to the hotel for lunch, he sent me this snapchat of what he saw when he pulled up.....
That would be Sophie and Karter fighting in the window seal. 
 We were all chillin' on the bed watching Ice Age and had been watching it for several minutes when Kyle said, "ummmmm that's in Spanish".  I burst out laughing.  The kids and I didn't even notice.  He laughed and said, "I'm so glad I was here to assist y'all" haha!!!

Here's the video to show y'all just how content they were....


 We went down to the pool one more time when he went back to class.  We had a glimpse of hope that it would be fixed........ yeah.... not so much......

 Since the pool was too cold, they had a little beauty shop going on..... that kept them entertained for about.... ummmmm..... 5 minutes.....


 Kyle had lots of studying to do, so that evening we got pizza and headed to the park for a picnic.  It was right up our alley......

Studying while I played with the kiddos. 
 Mom watered my plants for me while we were gone.  She sent me this picture and I was blown away that my Hibiscus had 2 blooms on it.  She obviously has the special touch. 
 They were all pretty tired by the time we got in.  Kyle, Karter, and Sophie crashed and Heidi and I stayed up watching 19 Kids and Counting.  All of a sudden we heard a loud CLOMP and I jumped up thinking Sophie had fallen off the bed.  Her arm was on the side table and she was barely on the bed.... sound asleep.... never did wake up..... Heidi and I were laughing so hard.

 Thursday was check out day.  GLORY GLORY WE SURVIVED THE WEEK!!!  The hotel wouldn't let us check out at a later time, so the kids and I had to leave by 11 and then go around town trying to find stuff to do until Kyle got out.  It seemed like we visited almost every store there was. 

We went in a pet store they had and the only pets they had were cats.  They kept us entertained for several minutes.......
This video of Karter and the cats still makes us laugh when we watch it. 

After this next video, I joked that all the store managers were calling each other warning of the lady with 3 kids that will probably be making their way to their store. 

We were completely DELIRIOUS by this point.....


No comments:

Post a Comment