Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Morning Came Early for Us

 One thing about Oil Field life is you learn to celebrate things early or late.  This year we celebrated Christmas early :)!

The kids always write Santa a letter and ask him to come early or late depending on Kyle's schedule. 

Our "backyard neighbor", Trey, and Heidi came up with the idea of camping out "on the fence" (the ladder Kyle built them to cross over) to try to catch Santa.  I loved the idea.  I remember always trying to catch him growing up, and I knew this would be a night they would never forget.  They had blankets, snacks, ipads, and were convinced they saw him in the sky.  I was completely exhausted just from going back and forth to the hospital I guess... so I crashed pretty early.  I was thankful Trey's Mom, Tina, kept a close eye on them and made sure they were taken care of. 





 They even came to our house a few times to see if he came while they were out there......  he never did.... but they had a nice little rush trying to see.





They loved their note and the fact that Trey's name was in it :)!
 Our spunky Sophie was sneaky!!  They were all so excited to tell us to check our stockings.  So I got it down and was feeling of it and knew it felt weird.  I opened it up to find a baby diaper and dirty sock.  I laughed and laughed.  Sophie started laughing and said, "I did that!!!". 



All three of them received a backpack the Christmas before starting big school.







Every year for Christmas all of our parents come over and we do a big Christmas breakfast.  This year wasn't quite the same :(... Mama and Tyler were in the hospital and Dad was at work.  Yana thankfully took the plunge and still cooked us all breakfast. 




This boy loves Legos
 That evening we went to Enterprise to eat and look at Christmas lights.  It was a nice ending to the day. 

Now on to the rest of our Christmas Festivities.....

No comments:

Post a Comment