Thursday, December 18, 2014

Mom Pictures (semi-update), Soph Sick

 I am sure you are wondering what a semi-update on Mom and Sophie being sick have in common.... but you'll put it all together soon :)!! 

All of our parents are wonderful grandparents and when they have to be away from the kids it is torturous.   It upsets Momma so much when she can't be around the kids & she doesn't like them seeing her so sick.  While she was in the hospital we would facetime with them while they were with whomever, or if I was home with them, then we would facetime with her.  (We facetime my Dad a lot too when he is at work..... what did we ever do before technology was so awesome?).



Hospital selfie of course!
Tyler of course noticed this on the tea handle at Moe's while we were at the hospital and knew right away the tune to it..... "Hold up wait 2 minutes let me put some sugar in it....." The lady said when she just puts an empty cup on it people take the cup off and still try to use it.  Go figure.  So she decided to come up with a cute phrase to put on it.  Rather catchy I think!
 Okay...... so Friday night they started Momma's chemo.  It took about 3 hours for the pre-meds and then I forget how long for the chemo.  We weren't sure whether to call this Treatment #7, or #1 for the second part..... so we are just going with #7.  We will always know #7 started the second round. 
 I have to say that Tyler and his crazy self told me that one of the chemo's was red.  I WAS PANICKING!  I did not want her to come out looking pinkalicious.  Thankfully the bag was red, but not the actual drug.

She was finally able to come home Sunday evening.  Aunt Donna went up and stayed with her Saturday night so Tyler could come home and she brought her home :)!
(I love snap chat)
 She hasn't been doing too well since being home.  We feel like it was a mixture of the chemo plus coming out of the hospital after being there a month.  She was on pain medicine and nausea medicine in the hospital around the clock, so now her body is having to adjust to being off the pain medicine.  She is still having to take the nausea medicine because the nausea is so bad.  Praise the Lord she is better today.  She was supposed to have her 8th(or 2nd) treatment today, but she was just too weak to do it. 

The beginning of this week was very difficult for all of us.  Momma was really.....  not good..... and to see her like that was awful.  Anyway, I won't go in to all the details..... just Praise the Lord she is feeling better today.

Alright on to Sophie girl.  She threw up at preschool Monday.... and started running fever Tuesday.  She has an awful cough and bad runny nose.  I was so afraid it was the flu and with Momma and her immune system being so weak, I knew I needed to get her checked.  Thankfully she tested negative for the flu.  She has fluid on her ear and lots of junk in her lungs.  He prescribed her two medicines and said I needed to keep her away from Mom until at least Friday.  THAT. HAS. BEEN. HARD!!!  It is hard for me to not just go check on her like I usually do.  BUT I do not want to risk her getting sick. 

Here were some pictures I took of Miss Impatient while we waited in the doctor office......

 Yesterday she was soooooo cuddly and calm.  I hated so badly she was sick, but I enjoyed that side of her so much.  We did lots of snuggling.  At one point I even started ironing some clothes and she crawled up in my bed and went to sleep.  That was her second nap for the day.  Not like her to take 2, let alone to go to sleep willingly. 

This was last night.  I had Sophie kind of behind me on the couch laying on me and Karter in front of me.  I had to pretend I was Spider-woman to maneuver my way out so I could put them to bed.  I couldn't resist a picture once I got up.
 I let Sophie sleep with me because I have been having to get up with her at night with her fevers and it is just easier with her right there.  Well, Karter and Heidi wanted to sleep in there with us on the floor.  So I made them a nice pallet and they slept so good.
Sophie is so much better today.  She ran fever most of the night, but so far none this morning.  Momma has already called me twice...... and just with her voice I can tell she is so much better.  HUGE improvement from Monday. 

Today is a good day :)!!! Mom and Soph are both on the mend!

No comments:

Post a Comment