Monday, April 13, 2015

Fun Weeekend! Field Trip, Tea Party, Beach, NEWSBOYS

 Karter Man had a fun field trip Friday morning.  He went to the petting zoo and the park.  Amanda made me feel like I was there with them with all the pictures she sent :)!

Saturday morning I went to Panama City to celebrate with my cousin for her bachelorette weekend.  While I was gone Sophie went to her friend, Maggie's, tea party.  I am so thankful for good friends.  My friend, Ashton, offered to let Sophie go with her since I was out of town.  Kyle was not wanting to go to a "girl" party (haha) so Ashton saved him.  She sent me lots of cute pictures so I thought I would share a couple....

 The weather Saturday was yucky, but we did manage to get some pool time in between the showers.

This sweet girl cried when I got married and I had a letter waiting for me in the mail when we got home from our honeymoon.  She was so afraid that I was gone forever.  Hard to believe the roles are reversed and now she is getting married.  I am so proud of her! 

Sweet cousins!

Love these girls!
 We had been counting down the days until the Newsboys came to the Annual Opp Rattlesnake Rodeo.  The day had finally arrived and the weather was NASTY!  We went to church yesterday morning and messed around at home waiting for the weather to clear up.  It finally cleared up some and we decided to take a chance. 
The kids love to do the trampoline bungees :).....

 When I say we counted down the days, even the kids were excited they were coming.  I don't know that a day went by that we didn't talk about it.
Not many people we would sit in the rain for. 
 It was okay at first.... Kids did well..... the rain was steady, but not heavy. 
Sophie dancing to one of the bands:


Audio Adrenaline was great!
Unfortunately, the show ran late.  I'm not sure why because they started the first group early.  The Newsboys were 40 minutes late getting started and by that time the rain had gotten heavier and it was starting to get cooler. We were all over the weather by then!  But really REALLY wanted to see them play all the songs we love.
Sophie had all she could take and put her little head in my lap and went to sleep before they started. 
 It was really sweet because Karter sat there and rubbed her while she was going to sleep.
They were really awesome.  We saw them perform about 4 songs before the rain ran us off :(.  We were so sad.  Waited 2 1/2 hours in the rain to see them, but the kids were definitely over it by the time they got on stage. 
We were hoping they would play "We Believe" and "God's Not Dead" before we left, but they didn't.  My friend, Ashley, texted me this awesome video of the Drummer during "Jesus Freak".  So very cool!!! Karter would have loved watching it live....
Weekends come and go so fast it seems. 

Hopefully everyone will have a Happy Monday and a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment