Thursday, April 16, 2015

Happy 6th Birthday Karter

 My sweet Karter Man turned 6 yesterday.  It makes my heart happy and sad at the same time that my children are growing older.  This morning on the way to school I asked them why they wanted to grow up on me.  Karter said, "Mama we can't help it".  :)!!  They are right.  They can't.  I just have to cherish every moment at every stage and I am OH SO HAPPY that I have so many pictures of each of them at every stage to look back on. 

Tuesday (his birthday eve) I was in Birmingham with Mama.  I got home about 6:20 or so.  They were playing with the birds and having a good time.  I just looked at Karter and thought, this is the last day you are 5.  I need a picture with him on his last day as a 5 year old. 

Of course as soon as I mentioned taking a picture with him, his sisters wanted in :).....






 I am oh so sappy.  I know! I know!  I enjoyed holding him (as I do ever night, but their birthday eve and birthdays are very special) his last night as a 5 year old....


 Dad sent us a text to see how Kman felt about turning 6, so I decided to send him a video back :)...
Before Kyle and I went to bed we decorated his doorway :) so he would have a nice surprise when he woke up!
And before I knew it, it was morning and my baby boy was 6!  (My Mom always does a great job on making them shirts).

 Timehop didn't respect my "I don't feel like crying today" wishes.  It had all sorts of birthday pictures on it.  I thought I would share a couple :)....


 Mom still wasn't feeling well yesterday, so she face-timed him before school :)...
 He had a couple more phone calls and video texts before school too :)!

I love love love love getting pictures throughout the day.  Makes my heart so happy and so thankful for our wonderful teachers!


He went to the store with his Daddy to get "treats" to take to school for his birthday.  I knew he wouldn't want cupcakes because he is not a sweets eater.  I was thinking more like cookies or something.  Well they come back with a 20 pack variety of chips! HA!  Just like a man right?  I was worried about his classmates fighting over who got what kind, but Mrs. Ellison said they did great and it was the perfect treat idea.  So kudos to Kyle on that one!
I can't end without my annual letter.

Karter Man,

Words cannot describe the happiness and joy you bring to my life.  You are the sweetest, kindest, most tender hearted Kyle Colquett looking thing there ever was.  I am so very thankful God chose me to be your Mommy.  I needed a little man around the house when Daddy is gone and you fit the job perfectly.  You are quiet and sensitive like your big sister.  Your little sister is your best friend and your biggest enemy.  Y'all fuss and fight, but at the same time care so deeply for one another.  

I am proud of the 6 year old you have become.  You have blown my mind with how much you have learned since starting Kindergarten. 

 The other night when it was raining you offered your little sister and me your umbrella so that we wouldn't get wet.  You do small things like that that make me realize maybe your Daddy and I are doing something right.  I can really see the gentleman you are becoming.

You Love: going to church, your grandparents, Alabama football, chicken, french fries, hamburgers, mustard, pickles, homework, Cartoon Network, soft pants, baseball, hunting, fishing, jumping on the trampoline, protecting your sisters.
You Dislike: ketchup,mayo, sleeping with your sisters, taking your sister to dance, chocolate, the smell of chocolate, cake, lunchroom food, "handsome shirts" (aka button up shirts), denim pants/shorts

Honestly, dressing you is harder than dressing your sisters.  You like tshirts and "soft pants".  I want you to wear handsome shirts and khaki shorts.... :)!!! I am learning to let you be your own person.  Even if that means wearing the same Alabama shirt every time it is washed.

I love you to the moon and stars and Jupiter and Mars my little man.  

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment