Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Back to School Time


 It is hard to believe that it is time to do this post already.  I have dreaded it all summer.  We love our elementary school and every teacher there, but we just really LOVE LOVE LOVE summer.  I love the freedom of summer.... sleeping in, no set schedule, going swimming every day if we want, going to the beach, the lake.....the possibilities during the summer are endless.  

This post is FULL of wonderful pictures of our start to school.
Heidi with her sweet teachers, Mrs. Kroher (I had her when I was in the 4th grade.  Extra special) and Mrs. Gafford.

Sophie: Kindergarten, Karter: 1st Grade, Hank & Heidi: 4th Grade
 When we went for meet and greet, Karter's teacher had ice cream sundaes as a treat.  Of course Karter nor Heidi wanted any, but Sophie was all about it :).

She got her ice cream and sat by the door watching the other kids while we talked to Mrs. Taylor.

Mrs. Taylor and Karter :).  I am very excited that Karter has her.  Heidi had her and she absolutely loved her. 

 How we felt the night before school started....
 Before we knew it the alarm went off and it was time to start the day.

 Annual pictures.....








True Story: Karter still does NOT like "handsome shirts" unless it is on Sunday.  He refused to look "handsome" on the first day.  Little does he know, even with his Under Armour "t-shirt" he still looks handsome :).

We dropped Heidi Bug off first :).

 On our way to take Karter, we saw Hank.  So we turned around and walked with him so that I could get a picture of he and Heidi.


 This year will be VERY interesting.  These two best buds are in class together.



I am so thankful that my best friend was Karter's teacher and is now Sophie's teacher.  She said when she talked to Mr. Kinsaul, the principal, about how she managed to get them both, he so effortlessly responded that he knew with them being in her class that Mom & I would have one less thing to worry about with everything going on with her.  When Amanda told me that, I just started tearing up.  What a humble, honest, Godly man we have as a principal. 
She was staring at a little boy getting up and down out of his seat.  I was so afraid she would say something to him.

Snack time!
 I am thankful for all the pictures that were sent to me.  Made me know that she was A-okay (which I had no doubt she would be).







I did really good.  I didn't cry until I got in the car to leave.  Kyle and I took separate vehicles because I had to stay to help a teacher, so when I left the flood gates opened.  I was just remembering when we were up all night rocking them and remembering each milestone they have all made so far.  And realizing that no matter what I do to try to slow it down, the time just continues to go faster and faster.  100% against my will.  I am a sappy Mom that relishes every stinking moment.  When I got home I cried some more to Kyle.  He mostly just makes fun of me (ha)!  My babies didn't stay babies long, but forever my babies they'll be.

While they were at school I went to my friend, Ashton's house, for a Mommy's 1st day back to school brunch.  It was so very nice of her to do that.  We had a wonderful time socializing.

 The food was delicious.
 Sophie got out at 12.  They do the pre-school and Kindergarten 1/2 a day on the first day.  She had such a good first day.  She said her favorite part of the day was when she had to be quiet.  Which struck me as very odd.  But then she said because if you are quiet you get candy.  HA!  That's my Sophie Girl!

When Karter and Heidi got in the car we talked about their day and then he looked at Sophie and said, "Now Sophie tell me what you did today" :)!

I love this picture.
 Last night we ate supper at The Tisdales.  On the way our little Kindergartener fell asleep.  She is going to have a huge adjustment being on a set schedule throughout the day.

And then Day 2...... ALL SMILES :)!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like your kiddos had a great first day back! And the food was amazing at the brunch! It was great seeing you!

    ReplyDelete