Monday, August 17, 2015

First Week of School..... Success

 The first week of school was a huge success.  All 3 kids seemed happy and excited to go every morning.  That's not to say that they weren't tired and ILL every afternoon (ha), but thankfully they looked forward to going each day. 

The Monday night that school started the kids face-timed with Nana (Not sure how she got cut out), Grandmama, & Charlie and then face-timed Papa about their day.


 Papa came over Wednesday before school started :).... Sophie had him read her a book before we left....

I don't even remember what night this was, but he was happy about the sleeping attire he picked out.

I had to snap this picture.  He looked so big to me as he walked down the side walk....
 Thursday was Amanda's birthday.  I took a cookie cake to the class that afternoon to celebrate.
 I loved watching Sophie and seeing what she does throughout the day.


 Sophie has done great..... So Amanda says. The first couple days she had to adjust to the "eating schedule".  She would get hungry and go to Amanda asking her when snack or lunch time was.  Bless her.  She eats a good breakfast, but she just loves to eat. 
She said do a silly face!
 We waited in her class after school for Karter and Heidi to get in there.  Karter loved being back in there and reminiscing on his year there.  Sophie was "re-showing" him where everything was.  I just sat back watching & taking pictures :).
I write on the kids napkins everyday.  Sophie wrote me one before school Friday.  It is a keep sake :)... translation at the bottom.
Needless to say after last week I am very much looking forward to a great school year. 

1 comment:

  1. I used to write on the kids' napkins too :) I always thought it was nice for them to open their lunches or snacks and get a little message from mom to let them know I'm thinking of them. :)
    (Our oldest children went to school, the younger ones still at home we homeschool)

    ReplyDelete