Thursday, August 13, 2015

"Nail Salon" .... My Recent Pedicure Experience

Okay, have any of you ever watched this video?



If not, you really need to.  Any body that has ever gotten a pedicure can completely relate.

Okay, well I couldn't COMPLETELY relate until this past weekend.  Momma LOVES pedicures (which I do to, but I don't get them every 2 weeks like she does).  I needed one oh so bad.  My heels were HORRENDOUS! Like I should have taken a before picture, but I really didn't think they would come out looking as smooth as they did.  A lot of times I get pedicures and my heels are still rough after. 

But not Sunday afternoon.

We went to a new place because the ones in Enterprise we usually go to were closed.  This place was absolutely beautiful. 

Of course we were greeted and everything just as the video portrayed. 

... and then.....

We got started.... she started my massage chair.... and began working on my feet.

I told the lady my heels were terrible.  I was mostly telling her out of my embarrassment.  When I have said it all the other 1,000,000 times I have gotten a pedicure they just agree with me. 

Not this time.

She pulled their price sheet out and said, "You need deluxe ped-a-currrrrrre".

She handed me the sheet and I read it.  I saw how much more it was and told her I didn't think I needed it. 

She then said, "Oh it make heel nice and soffffftttttt"...... So then I'm like wow... "okay"... let's give this a try.

This pedicure was phenomenal. I got the usual massage, but then I got actual lemons rubbed on my legs and feet, hot stones, the mud mask, and lastly my feet soaked in some stuff (I forget the name) that is soft, but then turns hard and peels off.  Paraffin... that's what it is. 

At this point it was time for the polish.  I picked out a pretty purple color. 

She picked it up and said, "Hon-nay...... you need gel".... I said, "No... that's okay.... I'll just use this one"... (I have gotten gel plenty of times and I do like it, but she had already talked me into the most expensive pedicure they offer). 

She said, "But hon-nay......... *pause*........ it would be so pret-tay........ *pause*...... you want gel?"...

Me: "Okay.... how much more?".......

Her: "Only twenty dolla more".....

Me: *cough* "NO thank you"......

Her: She just gave me a blank stare.  No gel. No conversation.  I was polished. And she slipped my shoes on.

I immediately started laughing to myself and looking up this video.  I hadn't watched it in a really long time.  This was the first time my experience really was kind of like the video. 

BUT. MY HEELS....... still smooth as ever.....

1 comment: