Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!!

I hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day!! The Colquett 5 did :)!! I was very thankful I got to spend it with KC.

If I have never mentioned this before, I love pinterest!!! So many creative ideas off there. Kyles present and the Kids treats were pinterest inspired.

So I worked on Kyle's present for about 3 weeks. Mostly because it's hard to do it with the kids around and with him around. Coming up with 52 reasons why I love him was a breeze :)!! I sandpapered a lot of the cards and then I got the "bright" idea to soak them in tea to color them.... well that didn't work so well, but I still used the cards anyway. He acted like it really meant a lot to him. I sure hope it did.


Mom gave Heidi a present to give to me yesterday morning and I love being able to look at it at work :)!! It's from all the kiddos!!
Here are the kids treats that we took to school..... plus the girls were signed up to take cookies (so I did cookies on a stick) and Kman was chips and dip. I LOVE doing things for the school parties.

Here was the tag that went on the heart crayons.... you get it??? Read the letters that are bolded and underlined :)!!
Kyle completely surprised me with a beautiful Sorrelli ring. It's the Lipstick line. He said he had like 20 things on the counter trying to decide what to get me because he really wanted me to have the complete set to white bridal, but she didn't have an earrings for that set that he thought looked like me, so he got Heidi to decide what to get. She did great! This ring reminds me so much of her and her taste right now :)!!
So anyway.... Saturday morning my dad came over and he, myself, and Kyle pealed paper off crayons and broke them into pieces for the homemade crayon craft. FUN!!!
We worked on them on and off all day. We had to make 54 and the pan is only 6 at a time :)!! But it worked out perfectly and we all enjoyed doing it.


And Tada.... beautiful unique crayons.
Valentine's Morning Soph wouldn't let me get her picture :(!! But these precious two kiddos would let me :

Oh how I love my Heidi Girl!!!
After we all (yes we all.... KC wanted to be my driver for the day *hehe*.... we all rode together to take the babies, Heidi, then he got me for lunch, we ran all sorts of errands together, then picked me up.... so nice) took the babies to school, we headed to take Heidi. She had so much to take in that we decided it would be best if we helped her. Mrs. Hightower (SHOUT OUT.... 2 blogs in a row *hehe*) is so kind. She took this family picture for us:
I loved watching their morning routine. I would love to watch Heidi secretly for an entire day.
We love love love love love Mrs. Hightower. I am so beyond thankful that Heidi got her for her first year of school. What an impact and impression she has made in all of our lives. Thank you for all you do!

Yesterday afternoon, Kyle and Karter Man got hair cuts. Karter needed one so very badly... and that he got :)!! So thankful for technology and KC being able to email me pictures while they were getting cuts.
Well after the cuts, they came by the bank to see what I thought. It was such a nice surprise and everyone just loved and raved over them :)!! Of course it brought a huge smile to my face.
Being a Mom is the absolute most wonderful feeling in the world.
Last night, Karter Man went home with Babee and the girls and Kyle & I ate Japanese for supper. It was SOME kind of FINE!! Heidi's dance is right beside the restaurant, so it was east as pie to get her from Ash.
Of course what is a Wal-Mart trip without an icee?



So anyway.... had a great day overall. I had started this blog and then fell asleep before i finished it. We have gotten into video texting my lil bro.... so I thought I would share with you Heidi's message to him last night :)!! SOOOO sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment