Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Modernizing....

I tell you what... when my husband gets motivated, he gets motivated. He has always been like that. Once his mind is made up on something, he is going to go through with it and will finish whatever it is.

We have been talking for some time now about "updating" the inside of our home. It's an older home to begin with and we bought it when we were young and we added our "touch" to it then, but gosh.... 7 years later, our taste buds have changed. My mom and his mom have really been telling us that our "ONE WALL".... THE wall *L* aka the torn wall paper wall.... needed re-doing. So of course I have thought and thought and thought and thought about what I wanted to do to it... which as you know, is why I ordered the beautiful canvas that I am soooo happy about.

Well me and my frugal self just thought we could buy a gallon of paint and do that one wall. WRONG!!! My sweet mother in law has a degree in interior design, so I learn a lot from her about things... anyway.... $113 later we are re-painting the dining room, living room, and hall. I am very excited about it.... I just get to be a nervous wreck because I don't function well in a messy environment and well when you are painting your entire inside, everything has to be shifted.

Soooooo here is what I came home to after work today: (KC could hardly wait to get it started)

He and Kman went this morning and bought us a new living room suit. I am very excited about it. He bought a sectional.... I have been wanting a sectional for some time now. They just seem big and inviting to me. Cozy and Cuddly! So turns out my $30 project has turned out to be a wee bit more.

I know once everything is together and all is said and done, I will be very excited and love it. It's just getting to that point :)!! I'll keep you posted :)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment