Sunday, February 12, 2012

Wonderful Weekend- Surprise Grandmama!

I know! I know! I have become a blog slacker. Truth be known, a lot of nights lately I have just been exhausted. By the time I get the children in bed and/or settled down, I tend to fall asleep with them.

I do have several things to share with you :)!!! First of all, this past Thursday (2/9), Mrs. Hightower "tricked" Heidi into letting her pull her 4th tooth!! It needed pulling SOOOO badly and I am so glad that she did it!! Thankfully Mrs. H and Amanda sent me messages right away and pictures :)!!! I would NOT want to miss out on something like this in Bugs life *hehe*! She got to wear this cool tooth necklace all day with her tooth in it. Sad part of that story, she was saving it to show KyKy and well guess what???? It's lost!!! So until she finds her tooth, the toothfairy can't come.

So this is a HUGE shout out to Mrs. Hightower for pulling Heidi's tooth :)!!! (Make you smile Amanda???)

I love her snaggle toothed self. Soooo cute to me!! And bless her... you know she already had a speech impediment.... not she surely can't talk :)!!

Okay and so y'all know I have like the best husband EVER!! Well He has spent this past week painting everything. He has done a fabulous job!!! There was only one problem, I was not crazy about the color in the dining room. Long story short, although I told him I would get things to make everything tie together and it would grow on me, he insisted on repainting it a color that I wanted. I have been picturing a rustic red color on it for some time now... and that's just what I got and I now LOVE it!! It's just getting everything together that's the hard (& expensive) part. BUT like my mom said, Rome wasn't built in a day. Our furniture is hopefully going to be here either tomorrow or Tuesday & That'll help me start getting ideas.

Here's my hard working painter :)








Anyway I felt sooo badly for even letting him know that I didn't like the dark gray on the wall.... because he had work so hard. Then i felt even worse when he insisted on repainting it. I told him that he was not the norm :)!! Most husbands would have been so upset and just told the wife she could do it herself. Am I right???

Anyway... I thought this next picture was sweet. I was cricuting some letters for a friend and of course my sweet Heidi Bug wanted to be in there with me (The babies were already asleep.... that's when we get things done after bed time *haha*).... she lay her head in my lap while I cricuted and fell asleep. It was so sweet :)!!
Anyway...Saturday night we went to David's Catfish with mom and Jody. We had a good time... it was cold and wet though :)!!! We went fairly early, so we got home in time for me to go to the grocery store. I had to prepare for Saturday.... we had Grandmama's SURPRISE 75th Birthday party. it was awesome!!!! And majority of our family was there.

I made tator tot casserole that was some kind of fine and homemade key lime cupcakes.


My Grandmama thought we were all at my aunts to celebrate my cousin's passing of a test. She never suspected a thing.... mostly I think because of the "fake" party we had for her last weekend :)!! Anyway, my camera battery was dead and I forgot to charge it :( so I had to use my phone camera to take all the pictures. It takes awesome pictures, but when I save them to my computer, it saves them all out of whack, so there's no rhyme or reason to the order of the pictures.
My sweet Aunt Ruby Nell!!
Karter was enjoying the money tree!
We all took pictures with Grandmama... well while we were all out there, I wanted a little family picture. It is still almost impossible to get a good family picture with the Colquett 5! Soph was not wanting hers taken and Karter was concentrating on if Papa was going to ride him on the dirt bike *L*!

Everytime we go to Aunt Jeanna's, the hay bales become lots of fun!!








Johnny Boy and Sophie....
There was a slide show going the entire time of random pictures of Grandmama and everyone.
Well we tried to get one of my and my little man.


This picture is neat to me. I was actually trying to take a picture of Sophie and yesterday afternoon I happened to notice Heidi jumping in the back ground.
Surprise Birthday Girl!!!!

The kiddos were sooooo happy to see Papa!

Grandmama and her kids except for one:
She was so tickled! She somehow even got a phone call right when she walked in.





The kids and their spouses:





Great picture... and look at how gorgeously blue that sky is!!
Okay this is so amazing to me... this is all of Grandmother's GREAT Grand Children. Of course you have to take me and my cousin, Nicolas, out of the picture. Our children wouldn't participate unless we were in there with them. Plus Soph was getting her diaper changed, so she missed this picture.


Great picture of Nana and the girls:
I love this woman dearly!!! I am so thankful for being able to call myself her grandaughter, or maybe i should say I am so blessed and honored. Seventy-five years is a long time to live.... not heard of too commonly today, so I am very thankful to be able to spend that with her.
OKAY SO I WAS BLOGGING LAST NIGHT AFTER OUR MOVIE AND FELL ASLEEP :/ SOOOO NOW I'M PICKING BACK UP.....

I love this picture of Karter and Sissy. Rare moment!


The decorations looked so good!!!
So after the party, we came home and continued making the kids Valentine Treats.... anyway... Soph was surely enjoying herself while we made them :)!!
There's not much this little girl doesn't like... this is the 2nd time she has "eaten" coffee grains. She got smart on us and figured out how to put the container in the Kuerig and she pushed down hard enough to poke a hole in the top and bottom and she would shake it until the grains would come out and she would lick her hands and touch the grains, lick her hands, and touch the grains. She is something else!!! Smart I thought.... but something else!


HAHA.... we don't just go around singing this song, but Karter was about to get a bath so he was naked as a jay bird and I normally sing this song to them if their hiney is showing :)!!!

She then decided she needed to wash dishes :)!!! She was a very busy little girl....


Next thing we knew we turned around and she had pulled these stools up to the sink and had climbed to the tall one...

To make a huge mess.....

In the words of my mom...... "She looks thrown away"!!


of course sleep has been pretty minimal around here lately... Not sure what the problem is??? Whew... it sure wore on me today. I drank a "Monster" drink and Diet Mountain Dew by lunch.

Anyway.... I took this picture of Little Tiny Sunday morning... she was snoozing away :)!! (In our bed because we just eventually do whatever we can do get some sleep... and yes that's Karter's head beside us... and well if it would stretch farther, you'd see Heidi and then Kyle.... and guess what, our bed is a Queen!!!)!Sooo after church, Heidi and Karter wanted to ride with my mom and Tyler to eat lunch.... well not far up the road Tyler tells me that Kman wants his Mommy :)!!! So Kyle and I pulled over to wait for them and well.... we had to many minutes to wait. We love playing with the CamWow app on our phones. I've always liked big lips.... and I finally "got" them!! *L*!!


We enjoyed a fabulous Sunday lunch at Kyle's mom and dads house. She is a wonderful cook!! Anyway, I had to take a picture of her table to show you. I love how she decorates it for each holiday.

She made these cute cupcakes...supposed to be "I Love You" but the U gave her fits.


HaHa I wore some of my new shoes to church Sunday that came in last week from ShoeDazzle.... anyway for some reason the right one rubbed a blister on my ankle. Karter seemed to be walking in them just fine :)!!We almost always eat supper at MeMe's and Kyle's brother and his family come over too!! Just a nice little tradition. So MeMe enjoyed giving the children their Valentine Treats... She gave them each a bowl and let them "fill" it up with goodies. Great idea for them!

I'm going to leave you with a video of Karter tonight.... too funny!!!!



I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day!! I am so excited about what I am giving Kyle. Of course I'll share it with you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment