Monday, March 5, 2012

Dr Suess' Bday/ New Furniture

We have really had a great past few days. Dale, I know I am a blog slacker :)!!! BUTTT here lately by the time I sit down, I crash. Literally.

Anyway.... thought I would share what's been going on... after these sweet pictures of me and my precious 3 children on the couch one night last week :)!!! Love snuggle time!



Thursday night my mom wanted to try this new dish she saw the recipe for. I am SOOOO glad she did!! It was some kind of fine and so easy and so different.

Oh and don't worry.... this is not my plate :)!! Mom fixed it for Kyle's grandmother.


Does this not look delish??


HAHA I'm sure some of you are going... well.... what is it?? Where's the recipe??? I "read your mind" hehe..... here it is!!!
Friday was Dr Suess' birthday and of course I wanted to do something special for Heidi to take to school. I decided to make cupcakes :)!!







I made some Cat N The Hat cupcakes and some "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" cupcakes. I guess I should say we made some.... :)!!! I had lots of help!!

Papa came over after he got off work and entertained the kiddos *L*!!! Can you tell Soph was a little scared???

Check out his hair.... Soph uses his hair as "reigns".... and she seriously would guide him which way she wanted to go. It was too funny. She now uses his ears :)!!

Some of my helpers....
Of course Sophie had to test everything I was doing... she ate so much that night it's ridiculous that it all fit in that little belly.



Somehow the cotton candy ended up "melting" some by the time I was completely through.


And yep..... we ended up "crashing" on the couch once again :)!!
Well.... except for my night owl hehe!!


Oh gosh I almost forgot..... Soph and Kman love Sherbet Icecream.... anyway she loves it so much that she decided to pour the bowl up and drink the remainder of the melted part out of it.... oh and she had already had a bath by the way :)!!



Soooooo off to school we went Friday morning. I tried and tried to find something Heidi could wear that looked like "dr Suess" attire.... this was the best I could do :)

She ended up not feeling well Friday. Mrs. Hightower kept me posted throughout the day and My Dad and Yana ended up checking her out and taking her to the DR for me. Thankfully it was just a Sinus Infection and not the flu (since that has been going around).... anyway I love having a best friend that works at the school. Heidi went in her class during PE time.... so she shared this sad picture with me:And by the evening..... Miss DiVa felt much better...... she was trying on her new dress I got her off zulily that came in :)!

And once again playing with the Popster...
guess what..... our new furniture came in Saturday :)!! YAY!!!! Sooooo Dad and Yana came over bright and early to help get out the old and we cleaned all in these rooms.... vacuumed, mopped, scrubbed base boards, cabinets, etc.... a good old fashion cleaning.

I snapped this picture of Soph helping to tote the old blanket to the trailor :)!!

Bye Bye old furniture (no worries.... it went to a good home)


Training them early *L* (cleaning baseboards)


They enjoyed the open space!!

While we waited for the furniture people to arrive, we played outside for a little bit before the rain came.... oh and granted this was still before 10 Sat morning :)! We were very productive!!






IT CAME.............


Heidi LOVES it!!!



Finally get to use my sign Kyle's sweet Mom gave us year before last for Christmas.

LOVE how our new table and picture turned out :)!!

Saturday evening we went to my aunt and uncles house for some soup and games :)_!! Soph was playing Dominos on the floor....


They went for a Thomas ride *L*!

While the "grown ups" played Farkle, Dad and I took the kiddos out to their porch to swing. Sophie was sooooo sleepy and she would get so mad when it was someone else's turn, so we were just trying our best to "entertain" them *L*!! We left not long after :)!

I snapped this when we got home.... they really love all the room they have now. It's a work in progress.... I still have lots to do to get it all together, but hey it's a start :)!
Last night Soph fell asleep on the way home from church.... so she slept on meMe's couch most of the time.... Kman came and whispered to me that he gave "Soapie" a kiss and I had him do it again so I could get a picture of it :)!! SOOOO Sweet

And the little divas playing dress up in MeMe's jewelry and hair accessories :)! They LOVE Sunday nights!
So as you can see.... much has went on, but all has been enjoyable!! I really hope this week is great.... I hope you have a wonderful week as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment