Tuesday, March 20, 2012

How do I Get There??

Okay.... I usually do NOT do this, but tonight I can't help but talk about it. I don't like mentioning things on my blog until AFTER they happen. Well, I am sure you can figure out for yourself why.

I am in Orange Beach for some "classes" for work. My sweet hubby will be flying in tomorrow and joining me, so it's like a mini "vacation" for us!!?!?!? I'm excited about that. We haven't been anywhere together since our first anniversary and this year will be year 8. This place is sooooo nice. I'm just not one to go alone on trips. I do NOT do well with directions... at all!!

So I keyed the address in my GPS App on my phone AND I printed off the directions that the hotel provided. Well I'm not used to going off anywhere... so I didn't think about comparing the directions with one another!?!?!? SOOO should have. What was supposed to be a 3 hour trip turned into a 4 1/2 hour trip. No joke!!

I had talked with a few people that have had to come to Orange Beach and they all basically told me the same directions.... so of course I'm going with that. The lesson I learned today is that my gps app really is smarter than I am :)!! It kept telling me to turn off at these weird places and I was too scared to do that because I know a gps can get you lost..... but I should have done what "she" told me. OR I should have just drove like I normally would if I were heading to Daphne (where we used to live) and I would have been A-OK!!! BUTTT I went through Mobile and now when you tell someone that doesn't do directions that you go through Mobile.... you also have to say... you go through Mobile and get off and go towards Daphne and turn off at Loxley. Had I of known that, I would have found my way with no problems.

Well my friend Whitney and her husband come here often, so I tried her and couldn't get her. I then called my mom because she's had to come here for meetings herself. Long story short, I ended up in MISSISSIPPI!! I was a nervous wreck.... you should have seen my straw I chewed up to pieces. Thankfully Whit got her hubby to call me and all he had to say was "Loxley" and I'm like yeah I know exactly where that is.

SOOO I finally made it here. Checking in and everything went smoothly. There's no room service :( bummer!! The places I have checked online that deliver didn't sound too good and I am too scared to get back on the road after I finally made it. So a nice $2 20oz Diet Coke will do for tonight.

My kiddos are safe and sound with grandparents and I miss them like crazy. It's wayyyyy too quiet in this hotel room. I mean like I need someone jumping on the bed, drawing all over the bed with markers (like they did when they stayed in their first hotel in Fairhope), etc. Definitely makes me appreciate the "noise" at my house a little more :)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment