Monday, March 26, 2012

Orange Beach Getaway

As you all know, thanks to my work, Kyle and I were able to get away for a few days. Most people would say it was needed and maybe it was, but I love my kiddos soooo much and enjoy their company.... so I get bored easy just sitting around. KC Says I'm not a good relaxer *L*!! It's just not in my bones (thanks Dad) to sit around and do nothing.

Anyway we had a wonderful time despite the messy weather the entire time. We did walk down to the beach once but it was FREEZING!!!! The wind was blowing and of course the sun wasn't out. Now had the sun been out, I told KC I would've been just fine laying on the beach the entire day *L*!! That's about the only time I can lay and do nothing.

Anyway.... you know me... I took lots of pictures of course. I took a picture of the beautiful dining area in the hotel. Our hotel was fabulous!!
I took this picture of the beach when I first got there Tuesday. It was pretty sunny that day, but I didn't get there until late.... so there was no time to go on the beach and I'm not one to go out there alone anyway. I don't trust easily :)!!!


KC joined me Wednesday. He had a taxi take him to the hotel from the airport :)!! He said the guy was super nice, but I felt so bad because all I could think were bad thoughts.... so I kept texting him asking him if he was alive? Was he okay? If I don't know you, I'm sorry but I just am not going to trust you.

Anyway..... he of course was jet lagged. So he slept a lot after he got in. On my lunch break I just sat on the balcony and took everything in :)!!



Our first night we ate supper at Cosmos. It was really good and a good environment!I had crab cakes. They were really good.

This was Thursday on my break. kyle was still a sleepy head *L*!! Can't you tell in his eyes?The meeting hostess' made sure we ate well. They had all sorts of fresh fruit for us to snack on!!! I LOVE fresh pineapple.
This was delish!! I usually do not like wraps, but this one was great. Looks good huh? This was our lunch Thursday.

Ohhhhh I guess I have it a little backwards.... this was our lunch the first meeting. Looks yummy huh?? It was!


So Thursday's weather was yuck.... so we just stayed on our balcony for hours. Kyle had his phone playlist playing and we were just able to talk and hang out.... and some how I talked him into painting my toenails *L*!Of course prankster Kyle had to "write" his name on my toes :)!! I wouldn't have expected anything else.


I actually think this picture was taken the day I got there. Looks too sunny???

Our last night there we went to Wentzell's to eat. They had a dozen raw oysters for $5 so KC was all over that!



Oh and they had this sign hanging up :)!! I had to take it to show the grandparents.
This was Friday Morning as we were leaving. Just yuck :(~
We could hardly wait to get home! The babies stayed with Kyle's mom.... so that worked out so well. The kids excitement when they see their Daddy for the first time after he comes home is priceless.


Karter couldn't get enough of him :)! There are videos at the end to show their excitement :)!!

Thankfully the grandparents would send us pictures just to let us know the kiddos were okay :)!! So here are some they sent....

:) Notice Heidi's hands.... doing the "I love you" sign!!


I know my voice is super annoying in the first video, but I missed my kids more than I can even describe. I've never been away from them..... they have spent the night away yes, but I see them the day they go and the next day. Never have I been 2 days without seeing them.


when it was time for Heidi to get out of school, we all packed up and went :)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment