Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Gosh It Has Been A WHILE!!!

It has been a while since I have last blogged. Not sure if anyone has missed it or not :)!! But I figured I'd at least update myself on the past few days for future enjoyment.

This past weekend was our annual Rattlesnake Rodeo! I look forward to this every year. I enjoy walking round and round the stadium seeing the same tent after the same tent and the same faces year after year :)!! I mostly love to go for the food. Funnel cakes, Carmel apples, Corn Dogs, Chicken on a stick, lemonade, etc. I have helped work the gates at the rodeo the past 3 years. I really enjoy it.

The only down side to this past Friday nights rodeo.... weather!!! I took this picture right when I got there.... it was a rainy mess.


Not long after I was there the weather started getting worse and worse.... and all of a sudden the tornado sirens were going off. The craziest thing though... people were still coming up wanting to buy tickets. Friday nights performance was Travis Tritt..... so people were coming from all over to watch him perform for only $20 regardless of some tornado. Thankfully we were in a block building so we felt as safe there as we would have anywhere. My Mom was idk.... about 10 or less miles from where I was and she took this picture of one of the tornados. CRAZY!!!

Thankfully the weather stopped and Travis performed. We had planned on going to watch Papa run the 5K run for the rode Saturday morning and then spend the day at the rodeo. WEll...... we woke up to a very messy morning. Raining and mushy. We did not want to go to the stadium and walk in the mush and get soaked with 3 small kids. So we decided to go to Dothan and car shop :)!

Here's a picture of Little Tiny while I was getting ready. Like she really needed some Diet Mt Dew huh??? *L*!! She was enjoying it though.

And there's Papa...... he did great in the run!




He would have gotten a better time but he had to get some grandbabies sugars :)!!!

We met up with all of the racers at the high school after they finished. We were proud of Papa!

My handsome hubby and Kman at the high school....

Sophie ended up wanting to spend the day with Papa after the run.... so the other 2 went with us and off to Dothan we went. We had a wonderful day. It was just so time consuming looking at vehicles..... so we didn't get a lot accomplished that we needed to. We did have a wonderful lunch at TGIFridays :)!! Great environment for kiddos. Kyle had a crawfish boil at church that afternoon, so the kiddos and I came on home and spent the rest of the afternoon playing with MeMe.

I had to get this picture... this was on the way to Dothan. I love this part about little boys.... when he has to go, he has to go..... and it's so easy. Kyle was cracking up laughing the whole time :)!! WE were just pulled off the interstate hehe!

Sunday afternoon was beautiful! We bought the kids new kites at Sams so Kyle kept trying to help them fly them.... but the wind just wasn't blowing enough.








Monday afternoon Heidi went to her friend, Oki's house to play with Oki and Presley. They had a wonderful time.... and even did their homework :)!



Yesterday Kyle, Heidi, and I went to Dothan to a DR appointment. After the appointment we went to Target and spent too much money :( but got some new stuff for the house. We then met some friends at Long Horn and had a fun and as always very laughable supper. Then we all went to the mall. Tried so hard to find me an Easter dress.... but no such luck :(!!

Mom got the babies from school for us. They went to BigMama's and had a picnic :)!! Mom texted me pictures of them there. So cute *L*!



She said they found some cement turtle here *L*!

This was at long horn. Heidi wanted me to send this picture to Papa. Oh..... we bought Kyle a work car the beginning of the week. Anyway we have decided to ride it more when he is home to save gas since my "bus" is so expensive. So we took it yesterday to Dothan..... when we were coming out of target with a HUGE rug, mounds of pillows, etc... in the buggy, Kyle then decided to "remind" me that we were on the car *L*! I am so used to my suburban and fitting everything in it. Thankfully we got everything crammed in and of course Heidi loved being squshed like a sardine.

While I was in Kohl's looking at their dresses, Heidi had a good time with my phone..... I can't help but smile when I see these pictures.





This afternoon the babies were SOOOOOOO ILL! I don't know why. Maybe they didn't rest well at school or something? I don't know. But as ill as they were we knew it wouldn't be fair for us to take them to church for their teachers to look after. So we stayed at home and missed Wednesday Night church for the first time in a while :( !! We don't like to do that.

Anyway.... the babies have parties tomorrow at daycare. So here are their treats they are taking... thanks Pinterest for the inspiration :)!!


Enjoy the short videos :)!!

1 comment: