Wednesday, September 5, 2012

About my Other Post.....

This is so annoying.  This is my 2nd attempt at this post because it just completely whiped out what I had wrote!!! UGH!!! I am soooo impatient.

The blog about "My Story" brought sooooo much response.  I was completely overwhelmed.  I knew there would be all sorts of mixed emotions about it.  I knew some people would really really appreciate it.  Some would find it educational, some would be completely shocked, some would see it negative, but over all I knew it was something that God had put on my heart for sometime now to do.  I had to obey!

Depression is just like any other sickness.  It requires medication and prayer.  So many people go through it and it effects each person differently.  Everyone that has gone through it has their own "story".  It unfortunately is a sickness that no one wants to talk about.  Those of us that have been there or still are there feel so ashamed, embarrassed, useless.  But the truth is, it is something that we NEED to know about.  Sure you hear about stuff on tv about PDD/Depression, but until you actually experience it , you can't fully understand it. 

I want you to know that I didn't do the blog because I thought I was the only one that had ever gone through this.  I did it because I knew I was NOT the only one that has gone through this.  I did it well.... because God wasn't going to let me get it off my chest until I did so.  It was a constant nag that I couldn't get rid of.  But I was scared to death to say anything.  I guess I was more mortified than scared.  Everyone wants the perfect little family with the pretty white picket fence.... right?  Well I wanted everyone to know that not always what you see on the outside of someone is what's on the inside.  We never know what someone is dealing with.

My Depression taught me all sorts of things.  It taught me to put my trust back in God.  It taught me how to love again and this time even bigger and better than I did before.  It taught me how to appreciate life.  How to make the best out of every minute of the day.  I learned so much from my struggle that it would literally take me all night to type it out. 

I regret a lot that went on during that time.  But it isn't something I can take back.  Someone going through Depression I guess can be compared somewhat to someone that has Alzhiemer's.  If you have a family member that has Alzhiemer's, you know that it really isn't the person that you knew doing and saying all those hurtful things.  Same way with Depression.  Although it was me physically, mentally I was a complete stranger. 

And......Just know I wrote the other blog to get the word out.  If someone thought they had someone to talk to, it might have saved a life.  I didn't write it to get attention or for anyone to think "awww poor child".  Please don't think that.  I look at my trial as a complete blessing.  I am thankful that God chose me to go through the trial to be able to share it and help someone else.  What an honor.  I have always wished I had a purpose/testimony.... and now I do.  I am thankful for my life :)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment