Tuesday, September 25, 2012

dot mom Conference in Birmingham

This weekend I had the honor of going to a dot mom (purposel lower cased FYI) Conference in Birmingham with several lovely ladies from my church.  We had a wonderful time and learned sooooo much about how to be better wives and moms :)! 
 
Melissa Greene was the Worship Leader.  She was once part of the group, Avalon, and was unbelievably good. 
 
They have several different breakout sessions you can go to and ironically Kayla and I had the same 3 in mind :)!! So we got to stick together.  The first one we went to was "10 Tips on How To Never Pay Full Price Again".  The second one was, "Maintaining Your Marriage in the Midst of Mayhem" and the last one was "Easy Ideas for Teaching God's Word to Your Children and Grandchildren".
 I know it is hard to see, but one of the Special Guest speakers was Korie Robertson off of the show Duck Dynasty.  If you have never watched the show, I would recommend it.  It comes on A&E and will start back in October.  They are very Christ centered and do not mind sharing that with the World.


 Of course I am a stickler for "famous" people LOL!! SO had to get my picture taken.  I had on flats and she had on heels which made her even taller than she really is.  She is such a humble and beautiful person.  I really enjoyed meeting her.
 And I don't know if any of you follow her, but I got to meet Kelly Stamps.  She has the blog "Kelly's Korner" (http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/) that is truly a blessing to read each day.
 On Saturday, one of the guest speakers was John Croyle.  For those of you that do not know him, that is Brody Croyle's dad (Played with Alabama and now is pro).  He did an amazing job speaking.  He has a kids ranch and he seriously saves and changes kids lives. 

He actually played football for Bear Bryant.  SO that was really neat to know :)!
 The conference was over Saturday afternoon and homeward bound we were :)!  We ate at The Cheesecake Factory in Birmingham before heading home and Oh-My-Goodness that was seriously soooo delicious!!  I got Chicken Alfredo and no joke..... it was I think better than my most favorite, Olive Garden.  It was some kind of fine :)!! 

This is a picture of my sweet friend, Amiee, and I at The Cheesecake Factory.
 I had an amazing time just being around other women and "MOMS", but I missed my family like crazy.  You know sometimes we get so zoned in to our own little Worlds that we tend to forget there are other moms out there that are just like us :)!  I know I do anyway.  It was nice to know there were other "crazies" out there haha! 

In the Teaching Your kids about God class there was a mom in there that had a 5,4,2, and 9 month old.  She made me feel much better about my life LOL! 

Next year the conferences are in TN and TX.  Don't think I will be able to ride the bus that far, but if you are given the opportunity, I would highly recommend trying to figure out how to get there.  You will leave feeling refreshed and replinished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment