Monday, November 5, 2012

An Oil Field Wife/ Stay at Home Mom

I have been wanting to do this blog for a while now and have actually been "collecting" different things that I catch me doing now.  Although I have only been a stay at home mom for 3 1/2 months now and an oil field wife (which means I am by myself for 3 weeks at a time), I have noticed several things different in our lives.  I just thought I'd give you some of those LOL!!! Especially now that our kiddos are getting older, all sorts of things change.

* I now buy the biggest carton of Large eggs the store has.
* 1 can of any kind of veggie is not enough for our family anymore.
* I make our bed EVERY day now.  It is a MUST! I missed the kids bed today, but usually I make it as well.
* I vacuum at least 3 times a week now.
* I find myself often writing the grocery list with a crayon.  I even had to sign something of Heidi's for school in a crayon and one in a pencil because I couldn't find a pen anywhere.
* Early on I found myself taking a shower, washing my hair, and putting on makeup just to go to Freds.
* No joke..... not too long ago Kyle's mom watched the babies while I got a shower.  I took the longest shower ever and thanked her so much for that mini vacation LOL! That is seriously what it felt like.
* I rarely sit down during the day. 
* I especially make sure everything is clean the day Kyle comes home.  I even scrubbed our kitchen cabinets Thursday.
* I now find myself putting on foundation if I have someone really important to go.  Like the IGA :)!
* Tshirt and jeans or jogging pants are my new daily attire.
* I will admit I have gone without a shower for a day since being home.  I just forget that I haven't had one.
* I am able to stay up on laundry and ironing and love that.
* Some days when company comes over, it is like a breath of fresh air. 
* Just gonna be honest, there are some days that the kids are just flat out tired of me and I am tired of them.
* I tote my cell phone around with me everywhere I go until I get that 1 phone call a day from Kyro.  I have missed it several times and it makes me so sad :(!

BUT I wouldn't trade any of it for anything :)!! Very blessed to have this opportunity.


I want to end it with a poem that tells it all!!!
An Oilfield Wife:
An oilfield wife must be a strong woman,
For she has to be the mom and dad for most of the year.
An oilfield wife keeps her phone close because she never wants to miss that special call.
An oilfield wife doesn’t get to kiss her husband goodnight every
night,
An Oilfield wife has to deal with everything while her oilfield man is
gone,
An oilfield wife will do two birthday’s parties and two Christmases a
year,
So the oilfield man can be there for one of
them.
But most of all an Oilfield Wife will go to bed alone most of the year and sleep on her husband’s pillow, and thank god
She has a strong man that is willing to sacrifice his life for
her.

No comments:

Post a Comment