Thursday, November 8, 2012

She Keeps Us Laughing...Oh & Random Family Fun

 
Okay so the other day coming home from Kayla and Brayden's, out of the blue Sophie said, "Momma My Daddy Black???".  Now listen we are not a racial family okay..... but I about choked when she asked me that because it was so random.  Anyway I got my composer together and said, "No baby.... your Daddy is white".  Well she argued with me ALL day that her daddy was black. 
 
Finally figured out that she is talking about his hair LOL!!!  We are all blondes, so we are "white"... and he is black.  Y'all we laughed so hard at her.  It's like those wheels in her head just spin constantly.  That's what makes her so funny to us.  She doesn't even try to be funny and she is so random.
 
So  here is a video that I took right after she told me the first time.  Of course she got side tracked and started talking about riding the school bus.  She will also randomly tell us that she can ride the bus when she's 5 haha!
 
Kayla had walked in Brayden's room the other day and told me that I had to come get a picture to show Kyle. 
Y'all, Monday night I cooked a yummy supper LOL!! Sweet Nana and Grandmama came over to enjoy.  We had roast that had been in the crockpot all day, "china berries" aka english peas, crescent rolls, pasta salad, mac n cheese, deviled eggs, and the next day Kyle opened the microwave to find the delicious mashed potatoes that I forgot to get out :(.  Sometimes it is just nice to have some good ole southern foods minus the fried chicken LOL.
It's hunting season of course.... so our sweet Kyro is enjoying his hunting trips.  So Tuesday night the babies "cooked"  spaghetti.  They love to help me cook.  Granted we usually end up with a mess, but oh the memories we are making.

 
Tuesday was also election day.  No matter the outcome, we still need to pray for our nation and our leader.
 
Anyway..... KyKy came over after work because YAY it was his first time getting to vote so I went with him to show him how it works.  It's just overwhelming to me the very first time you go and vote.
 
I was so proud of him for voting that I made his favorite..... peach cobbler.  It was and still is some kind of fine LOL!! 

I fell asleep before the elections were over and when I woke up Wednesday morning, Kyle was telling me about it.  AS we were discussing it, Soph got my Bible and was "reading" to us. Y'all know I had to get a snap shot.  She started the next 4 years out on a good foot :)!
Yesterday was a good day.  We got a carpet sample and estimates on the entire house and each room :).  I still don't know that I want to drop that much at one time on the entire house.  So I'm still thinking 1 room at a time :)!

Anyway Oki came over to play Tuesday after school and Presley came home with us yesterday to play before church.  Those silly girls are at the age where they love having play dates.
Kyle has been trying to train Jaycee and Driller since he has been home.  Jaycee is doing really well actually, but Driller not so much.

Somehow Kyle convinced me that he would "push me easy"... baahaaaa YEAH RIGHT!!! WHAT was I thinking???


And then Sophie Lynne wanted to swing too....  so Kyle was like yeah... just sit right here.  HAHA.... Not a grand idea.  We immediately almost hit the ground.


And the day ended with my fabulous mother in law surprising me with goodies she had picked up to go on the new foyer dresser.  I LOVE them!! She is so good at decorating.  I was so tickled when she put it all together.
 
Anyway I'll leave you with some funny Sophie videos.  The last two are her just putting on some of her many daily shows.  The first one is after they came home from trying to get a lizard out of the house for Nana.  I love her dramatic expressions LOL!
And of course I can't end without continuing my Days of Thanks.

(6) I am thankful that I live in a country where I can freely vote.
(7) I am thankful for my amazing parents.... I honestly don't know what I would do without them :)!!!
(8) I am also very thankful for my inlaws.  I am so blessed to have such an amazing mother in law.  She really is one of a kind & I am grateful that I have her to call MY MIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment