Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Farkle Fun, AU Trip, & Fun Times

 The past few days have been busy.  Sometimes I like busy :).  So today is a taking it easy kind of day.

Someone shared this on FB yesterday and it couldn't be more truer.  Kyle sacrifices A LOT for our family.  I will be forever grateful.
 Friday morning before making copies, I went by to take the garbage to the road for Grandmama.  Simple right? Well..... Sophie put in to stay with Grandmama, her cousins, & aunt (they come visit and stay for about a week every year).  I didn't want her to, because I know how much pain Grandmama is in from not being able to take her Arthritis medicine, but Grandmama insisted she would be fine.  So I fixed her some juice before I left and checked in frequently.  She had a ball.  I didn't get finished making copies before time to get Karter & we went ahead and got Sophie too because Grandmama, Ruthie, and Aunt Merlene were going to the beauty shop.  Boy oh Boy was Sophie Lynne mad with me for getting her.  She wanted to go to the beauty shop.

When we got to the school, she said, "I am sooooo mad at you.  I wanted to go to the beauty shop.  Take me back over there at five o'clock so I can eat with them".  She is a fire cracker I tell you.
Drawing while I finished copies.
 The kids love playing Farkle.  I have never played.  It is a dice game and they call Heidi "The Farkle Queen".  So here are some pictures of them playing over the weekend....



Papa had lots of helping hands.
 Saturday morning I cooked eggs, bacon, and pancakes :)... yummo!  I had plenty of help too....
 I know the first part of that video cut off some, but she was saying, "Pancake time"....
They love to help cook!
 Saturday while I was helping at my cousins baby shower, Dad & Yana took the kiddos to Andalusia.  I was glad Dad kept me posted with pictures....




Sunday morning was great.  Got up and got everyone ready.  I did manage to forget to do my hair.  Thankfully I remembered as I was buckling Sophie or Karter one in their seat and ran in and did a quick job.
Look at how handsome and beautiful they are.  I can hardly believe how big they have gotten.
After church we ate lunch and spent the afternoon at Dad & Yana's.
They love sidewalk chalk.

Soph drew me :).... how sweet hehe.  I dated it and added it to my special collection :).

..... and you know..... teeth always seem to brush better with a baseball helmet on :).

I was completely clueless that  Monday was Dr Seuss day.  Thankfully Mrs. Sasser sent me this picture :)!
After dance Monday we had a yummy supper at Captain Ds with Mom :)! 
.... and of course no night is complete at our house without some sort of wrestling.......
Yesterday Sophie and I made a quick trip to Auburn.  Well as quick as it can be... 2 1/2 hour drive there and back.  We visited my friend Lindsay and her new baby :). 
She had her neck pillow, watched movies, and talked my head off the entire trip there and back.
I couldn't stand knowing we were in Auburn and not calling Abby to see if she wanted to eat lunch.
Thankfully it worked out perfectly to where she could meet us :).... Jim N Nicks it was.


We got back into town not long after Heidi got out of school.  Dad picked her and Kman up for me :)!!  So we went and hung out there and ate supper before coming home.  Sophie was such a sassy mouth too.  No naps for her usually = more sass than usual.  She got a spanking there and the spray when we got home.  She took the spray like a champ and even asked if she could do it herself.  Geez!  She is a tough cookie to discipline that's for sure.

I saw this and giggled.  This is me and the kids every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment