Tuesday, March 24, 2015

More Paleo..... Enjoying this Journey

 So far since doing Paleo and going to the gym 4-5 times a week I have lost 8 pounds.  I haven't been near as strict as I was the first 30 days, but I have still done really well.  I'm still only drinking water and occasionally a cappuccino (& I have had 2 Starbucks).Ohhhhh and I did find some Dark Chocolate Soy Almond Milk that is dairy and gluten free.  It is fabulous!! Only 50 calories per cup.  So I have had a cup of that sometimes before settling down at night.  It helps my sweet tooth :).

Anyway, here are some more pictures of my meals...
Paleo Pancakes are so good to me. 1 egg+1 banana+cinnamon+nutmeg and can have 1 tbsp organic honey to go on top like you would syrup.  Top with strawberries or blueberries. 


Salmon with spinach and onion

I love to grill chicken. 

I put chicken fingers and gluten free bbq sauce in the crockpot before church and we had it when we got home :)!  I had 1 chicken finger and sweet potato hash.

Turkey Burger and cucumber

I have had some pretty good workouts :)

This Salsa is great. It is only 10 calories per 2 tbsp.
I used it on a Paleo taco salad.  1 romaine lettuce leaf, ground turkey, goat cheese, and 2 tbsp salsa.

I have always been curious just how many calories you can burn while jumping on the trampoline, so I put my Polar on to see one afternoon while jumping with Sophie.

1 of my favorite school line snacks.  Apple and sunflower butter.

Killer cardio workout!

Paleo Pancake :)

This was a beautiful salad I made with spinach, 1 grilled chicken finger, ab 1/4 a tomato, goat cheese, & 2 tbsp Olive Garden salad dressing (30 calories). YUMMMO!

A school line snack :) about 10 carrots.

I baked some tilapia and okra.  So good!

I like to dip my fish in this sometimes.  1 tsp is 5 calories.

The tilapia and okra was so good that I made it 2 days in a row.

School line snack :)!! Fresh Pineapple! I ate about 1/2 of this container and saved the other half for the next day.

My goal has been to make it to 4 miles on the elliptical in 28 minutes.  I am so very close!

Another good cardio workout

My friend Kayla and I follow several people on Instagram that do paleo.  One (or several) of them recommended this sausage.  Y'all, it really is so good. 

Paleo Pancake and 1 Sausage

Another yummy salad with spinach, cucumber, goat cheese, chicken, and O.G. dressing.

For dinner Friday night I cooked me 1 chicken finger, sweet potato hash, and spinach with onions.  We had a birthday party to go to and I knew the kids would eat there so I wanted to make sure I ate before we went.

Saturday we went to the beach.  I had a cheat meal.  The grilled chicken and broccoli were divine!  The rice is not paleo friendly.  And then that evening we ate pizza and I got us a caramel apple & a Starbucks.

Since I did "so" bad Saturday, Sunday at lunch I only had asparagus and broccoli. 

I had an afternoon snack of a grilled peach, goat cheese, honey, and blueberries.
Yesterday morning was busy.  I went to the school to help Karter's class with a craft so I took a grapefruit with me to eat. 
My workout after I went to the school :).
This was this mornings work out.

And this mornings breakfast.  1 sausage and an omelet with red pepper, onion, spinach, & goat cheese.
Paleo is not difficult.  It really trains your mind to think healthier.  I have enjoyed how it makes me feel by doing it.  Full, but not bloated.  Plus being able to go to the gym helps me feel better.  I really miss it on the days I can't go.  

Sophie is our little eater.  She enjoys most all of the meals I cook.  The other two haven't enjoyed it as much as she has, but that's okay.  Maybe one day they will get there. For now, I still cook them something different :).

No comments:

Post a Comment