Saturday, March 7, 2015

New Floors..... What a Transformation

 I have been wanting and looking and begging for new floors for a couple years now.  Our old floors were in some serious need of being updated. 

Kyle and I were were completely oblivious to this whole process.  We thought we'd go get the floors and have it completed two days later.  

Ha!

Boy were we wrong.  

It turned into a week long process.  Pulling up the floors were a complete nightmare.  The people that put the wood floors down used some kind of major glue.  Thankfully the kitchen tile was VERY easy to get up.  I got most of it up by myself in about an hour.  But the wood floor.  I can't even explain how awful those were.  We even rented the machine to help the process which was a complete waste of money.  So we had no choice but to pull it up piece by piece.

Not to mention the layers of floor covering they glued it on.

 ....a dusty..... messy..... process.....





 Thankfully my Dad was able to help Kyle lay the floors.  I don't think I would have been near as helpful as he was.


 We are all so happy and pleased with the transformation.  To me it made it feel so much warmer. 


I want to add a rug under our table and eventually paint all the kitchen cabinets, paint my island a different color, re-do tile on fireplace, possibly replace counter tops, hardware, etc.  All a work in progress.  But I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment