Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Father's Day Weekend

 I was very thankful my Dad was home from work this Father's Day, but sad that Kyle was at work.  

We started off Friday by going to the Library's opening act for the summer reading program.  It was a really neat magic show.  The kids loved it.



 I had been sick since Thursday.  Summer cold apparently.  So I wasn't feeling my best, but still had a good time with the kiddos.
 Friday night Heidi stayed with MeMe and went with her to get a baby parrot (7 weeks old) :) and Sophie wanted to stay with my Mom, so it was just me and Karter Man.  Despite how I felt we managed to build legos, play about 572 games of checkers and I taught him how to play Chinese checkers.

Heidi and MeMe went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast on their way to get the parrot.

 Meet..... Piper......
 It really is the cutest thing. 

 Saturday afternoon Karter went to watch Jurassic World with Dad, Yana, and Tyler.  He absolutely LOVED it!

 He and Dad playing Dots while they waited for their food....


Sunday was officially.......

FATHER'S DAY!!!

...... after church we spent the afternoon at Dads.  We enjoyed grilled hamburgers and hung out by the pool.  The weather was gorgeous!



 I'm not sure if y'all remember, but the kids and I made Kyle cards to open on Father's Day.  I sealed them in a big envelop and he didn't open them until Sunday.  He sent me this picture when he opened them :).....

Sophie's favorite place to lay :)

I am sure she was asking Papa if she could get on his shoulders :-)!
It was a wonderful weekend.  I think it is safe to say Dad had a good weekend :) and we will celebrate Kyle when he gets home.

No comments:

Post a Comment