Thursday, June 25, 2015

Latest with Mom.......

 My Dad got home just in time for me to be able to go with Mom to her stint appointment in Birmingham.  He got home the day before her appointment.  The kids always countdown to when their Papa and Daddy will be home. 

 He has gotten to be a softie. 

He is not a big fan of Hardee's, but the kids love it.  Somehow they talked him into going with us for breakfast.  I went to my room to get dressed and Sophie went to hers to get dressed and no joke.... we walked out wearing the EXACT same thing. 


 Since the kids are out of school we let Karter and Heidi go with us to UAB.  Sophie had no desire to go.  She wanted to stay with her Papa :).  I really thought Karter would stay too, but he decided he needed to check out Babee's doctor.
 Mom's goal is to go 3 months without having to replace the stint.  So far she hasn't been able to go that long.  Her kidney starts bothering her really bad and she and the dr knows it is time to change it.  They put a different kind in this time to see if maybe she can go longer.  The down side is her other kidney has been bothering her as well :(.  Just continue to pray for her all around please. 

While we were there we got to see one of my best guy friends from high school, Langdon, and his wife.  He was actually going to give his Mom one of his kidneys the next day.  Such a sweet story behind that.  It was really good to be able to see them. 

 Dad kept me informed with my little busy girl while we were gone.  She kept he and Grandmama busy busy.


 When we got there to get her she, Dad, and Yana were night swimming :).  Of course the other two had to join them.

 We went to UAB Thursday for her appointment and then she & Tyler went up Sunday night to be there bright and early Monday morning for her stint replacement. 
 While they were in Birmingham , Dad & I took the kids to watch Inside Out.  The kids loved it.  Dad & I thought it was just okay.  I have seen much better Disney movies.  I stayed stressed out trying to keep up with all the emotions :-)! 


 My sweet friend, Kayla, sent me this snap....... I had to save it.  She is on a cruise and still supporting Mama.  Love it!

My cousin, Abby, is with Mom today.  They are headed to UAB for her chemo treatment.  This makes 3 trips for Mom to Birmingham in a week. 
She has been busy busy and even though she is in pain most of the time, you would never know by looking at her.  She keeps smiling through it all :).

1 comment: