Thursday, December 9, 2010

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

We had another great day yesterday! Heidi left before lunch to play at her friend, Presley's house. She said they had a really good time and "We got to go upstairs" haha!

Karter, Sophie, and I hung out here all day :)! It was really nice too. It's strange because he has this "protection" thing towards Sophie.... like he is always kissing her, hugging her, trying to help her... and since i have been home if she is napping and he's not, he'll try to sneak in there to wake her up. He succeeded Monday. I got to missing him... and noticed her door was closed, well he was in there and she was just staring at him. He'll put his arms through the railing to touch her. Well yesterday he kept sneaking down the hall and when I'd call his name he'd smile real big and turn and run back to me... well I don't remember if I was washing bottles or what, but I heard her door close very quietly.... he had snuck back there, eased the door open, and tried to close it without me hearing *haha*!

Then with Heidi he gets very frustrated, angry, agitated.... etc.... there isn't a lot of kissing and loving on her from him.... voluntarily anyway. I don't know if that's because he is smaller than Heidi and granted she does aggravate him.... or what. But it is really neat to watch how he interacts with them differently :)!

My sweet man after his bath.... he was playing "nite nite"..... all of my kids are rockers! Monday night I was rocking Sophie to sleep and Heidi decided to join us.... well she ended up falling to sleep too. Kyle layed both of them down and then Karter crawled up in my lap and I rocked him too! I told Kyle how nice that was.... getting to rock all 3!

My neck gets these pains really bad like in the tendons every now and then.... so Kyle was trying to rub it. It's one of those things where it hurts to be rubbed, but it also makes it feel better in a weird way.

Then sweet Soph..... she has learned to pretty much get wherever she wants to go. She'll either roll there, or scoot. And it's amazing how fast she can roll somewhere.

Once again.... Heidi got the camera and took several snap shots of her self. I joke that she gets this from her KyKy.... I think she has seen him do this many times in the past :)!







She does love a camera!!



Tuesday night the kids were in my bathroom playing... which I knew... next thing I heard was "MAMA COME HERE".... and Karter had dumped all of my makeup out and Heidi had "accidentally" dumped my loose powder out onto the blue rug. What a mess :)

I know she's bug eyed here, but I was trying to get a picture of both of them with "their make up on". She LOVES makeup... and is all the time wanting "to look pretty". I tell her all the time that she can't wear makeup until she is 16.... so she will jump at any opportunity she can to wear it around the house.

So yesterday was the SECOND time it has snowed THIS YEAR!! What are the odds? We haven't seen a snow in like 15 years??? Maybe longer? And then it snows TWICE in one year. To me that is really neat because the first time it snowed was in February! Heidi had to wait 4 years to see snow, Karter was only 10 months old when he saw it the first time, and Sophie is 5 months old. How wonderful!! I am so very thankful that I was home to enjoy that with them.


That's actually Heidi behind the deer :) (Hard to see)


And why on Earth my fashion Diva wanted Sophie's headband and flower on I do not know!!








Okay so that is Karter's glove by Josh's paw.... in the dirt!

Karter came running to me screaming and by the look on his face I could tell he was VERY angry. Well I got to noticing he only had one glove on. Josh had the other one in his mouth and was jerking it around and running all over the place. So then I started trying to get the glove from Josh... he won't budge.... So then I found a stick to try to scoot it out of the fence with. Well when Josh saw what I was doing he ran over there and snatched it again.... I thought oh boy!! I knew I wasn't going in the pen... I had Sophie in my arms. Well about that time Josh dropped it again right at the fence... so I was trying to get it.... Karter put his other hand on the fence to try to "help" me... and in a split second Josh snatched the other one off. So now Josh has both gloves, I have a mad 19 month old, Heidi's busting out laughing.... and Sophie is just along for the excitement. I then ran inside and put Sophie on her play pallet and grabbed some of Kyle's grilling utensils.... well long story short.... Heidi distracted Josh at the other end of the fence while I quickly snatched the gloves back.

Here's what they looked like after they were saved :)!

Here is my beautiful Tin Art that my mother in law makes. Most of her Christmas ones are gone so I can't take a picture... but she had cute Santa Hats, Santa Clauses, Initials, Auburn/Alabama initials, stockings, etc. She has them in Southern Style here in Opp, and there's a store in Andalusia that asked her just this week to start putting them in their store starting the new year. So she is going to be real busy and already has been.
My little Tootie!

Well when Heidi and I went to the grocery store Tuesday I had the bright idea to make popcorn strands to put on the Christmas Tree in the playroom. Of course I was crazy and popped ALL the popcorn ahead of time. Well that's a TON of popcorn... we've been working on it for 2 days now. Hard to do a popcorn strand when Karter will run by and snatch the strand and take off running *haha*! But I just thought it would be fun for Heidi to do and experience. Maybe we'll be through by Christmas :)!

Anyway.... that's really all that's been going on. We have my work party tonight and our Sunday School party tomorrow night!

2 comments:

  1. That Heidi is a ham!!! Love the pics of her hamming it up :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how Heidi pokes out her lips in the pictures she takes of herself. She's got that model pose down pat!

    ReplyDelete