Friday, December 3, 2010

Sleep????

Sleep is rare in our house. Tonight Karter woke up at 3:00 (in case you don't remember..... from the very beginning Kyle chose to get up with Karter and I would get up with Sophie). Well at 3:30 I heard Karter screaming.... so of course I got up and came to the living room/kitchen and gave him some night time Orajel. That had almost an immediate calming relief and he stopped crying. Then I realized that it was 3:30 and Sophie hadn't been up yet. I have to admit that a small smile came over my face. That's the first time I have gotten 5 hours (in a row) of sleep in I can't tell you how long. Of course after Kyle put Karter back down and came back to bed....about 3:45.... Sophie was up then :)!! So here I am blogging at 4:16 am.

Wednesday night was pretty rough. We got a total of 3 hours and 40 minutes of sleep. Karter woke up screaming again (I guess he is teething???) at 11:30 which then woke Sophie up. Granted we didn't go to bed until after 10 to begin with. So Kyle and I both rocked a "baby" (I still call Karter a baby... because.... well he is) until 1:10. It's easy for Kyle to go right back to sleep... when his head hits the pillow, he can shut everything in his mind off. Me on the other-hand, well it takes me a while usually. I lay there and think of everything and anything.... the wheels in my head are constantly turning and it is so hard for me to make them stop. The last time I looked at the clock was 1:40. Well...... Karter decided to wake back up at 3:30. Kyle got up with him... Karter is screaming again.... (most women are probably like this.... if I hear my child moving around, crying, or whatever.... I'm awake... I may be in the bed, but I am not asleep... I've came in to the living room countless times to "make suggestions" *haha* on what may be wrong with Karter)... his crying then wakes Sophie up close to 4:00... I think it was more like 3:45 (heck it doesn't even matter... it was early *L*). It's almost like a domino effect. Once I got up with Sophie... Heidi started screaming bloody murder because she is by herself in a dark room.... she then joined us in the living room.

Well I fixed Sophie a bottle and fed her.... not long after.... majority of her bottle came back up. I went ahead and dressed her for the day and went back to rock. We were hoping they would all go right back to sleep and we would be able to get a few more minutes in...... NOT! Finally come 4:45, and I'm in the recliner holding Sophie, have Heidi beside me, and then Karter in the other arm. Kyle's alarm goes off at that time.... so it's like well so much for any more rest. They all FINALLY went back to sleep after Kyle left. You would think that being I had "been going" since 4:00 that I would have been ahead of schedule... HA... for whatever reason we were really running yesterday morning.

BUT I have to say that when I was in the shower, I just had to pause a minute.... and Thank God for my children... Thank God that I am blessed to have children.... Thank God for blessing me with the privilege of being a "mom".... Thank God for a husband that will help me get up and take care of our children....and Thank Him that I am able to even get up with my children. I was really tired, but I quickly realized that there are so many people in this World that would give anything to be up all night with children of their own..... just to have one person in this World call them mom or dad. Maybe that was God's purpose the whole time... to make me understand just how much of a blessing it is to get up with kids at night. After realizing that, I really wasn't all that tired throughout the day. Now came 10:00 last night, it hit me like a freight train and I was asleep in a matter of 2 minutes after going to bed!

So anyway... it is now 4:33am. Kyle's alarm will be going off very soon and Sophie is almost completely back to sleep. Maybe *smile* I can get a few more minutes of sleep in before Karter or Sophie wake up again. My goal each morning is to be able to at least get a shower before one or the other or both wake up. We'll see :)!!

****Busy weekend..... Heidi has her "friend" Christmas party tonight and we have Kyle's work Christmas party in Dothan. Tomorrow we have the triplets birthday party and who knows what else we'll find to do. Anyway.... have a good weekend blogger friends!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment