Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Oh My Gosh..... What a Whirlwind

I promise I have not just completely abandoned blogging. My life has been a total whirlwind for about a week now.

Of course I have a ton of pictures to share, but they are on my camera and I'll upload them soon. Starting last Tuesday Karter ran fever. I am so thankful that Tyler is out for Christmas break because he has been a huge help! He kept Karter for me Tues-Fri. Finally on Thursday my mom took him to the doctor for me to find out he had Bronchitis and an Upper Respiratory Infection. He had to be on breathing treatments 3 times a day, Clarinex, Singular, a steroid, and an antibiotic. He is 100% better now. But he was pitiful for a while..... and sleep was minimal towards the end of last week.

Friday morning (while I was still home getting ready) I got a call from Kyle (the phone call I have always dreaded... and always hoped wasn't the reason he was calling) telling me he had been in an accident. Well of course my heart sank. He was okay. He was driving to work and made it about 3 miles past Kinston when the truck in front of him slammed on breaks to miss a dog. The roads were slippery, so he hit the truck when he slammed on breaks. He turned the wheels to try to miss it an he almost missed it, but still hit the back corner of the truck. His van is still drivable.... they got an estimate yesterday and have decided to not get it fixed. Unfortunately, the dog died anyway!

Then Saturday Sophie started feeling really bad. She wasn't running fever, just watery eyes, nose, sneezing and coughing like crazy. We had The Wyatt family Christmas at my Aunt Jeanna's Saturday and I by no means was dreading it, but I was VERY afraid of Sophie getting worse and Karter catching pneumonia since he already had mess in his chest. Well at 1AM Sunday morning Sophie woke up with a fever.... BURNING UP! She ran it on and off Sunday and was NOT feeling well at all.... she would be okay, but then just cry and cry. She wouldn't hardly drink a bottle either. She and I stayed home from church Sunday morning and Kyle and Karter came home early because Karter completely destroyed his clothes from a bad diaper. Then the funny thing about that is.... they got my dad before they got Kyle because my dad helps Yana in The Zone which is in the Family Life Center.... and anyway Karter's clothes were in a garbage bag to take home... well they handed him those clothes and some garbage to take out.... and long story short (I'm sure you know where this is going) he had to dig Karter's clothes out of the dumpster at church!!

Well Sunday at not long after church was over, Kyle's mom called in hysterics. Jon Wesley had called her all upset and said that they almost lost Miley Grace.... and were at the Andalusia Hospital. Well that's all the information Cindy knew. Of course Kyle doesn't hesitate to drive her over there. She was at the grocery store when she got the call. Miley Grace had her tonsils removed Friday. Well the pain medication they are pretty sure caused her to have a seizure in the bathtub. Shelly Kate had a seizure from the pain medication when she had her tonsils removed. Jon Wesley had been sitting with the girls while they got a bath and had just walked out of the bathroom to go across the hall to the laundry room. Well he heard Shelly Kate playing and saying stuff about Boogy (MG's nickname) being under the water. He hurried over there, to find her limp body. He told Kyle that that was an image he will never forget. He jerked her up and ran her to their room to where Leigh Ann had been getting ready and Leigh Ann did CPR. She said her mouth was completely locked shut and she had to pry it open. The ambulance took her to the hospital and she had to stay until yesterday for observation. Thank the Good Lord above that she is okay. God spared that precious baby girls life that day. I can only imagine how terrified they were. Of course it brought back so many memories of my wonderful friends, Gregg and Meredith.

So while that was going on, I was home with a sick baby, and one that kept messing up his diaper (we think from the antibiotic). My mom kept Sophie Sunday night because she didn't have to work yesterday. We were going to see how she did and then determine whether or not to call the doctor. Well she didn't sleep much and cried and still ran fever. So she took her to the Doctor yesterday for me and Sophie tested positive for RSV. For those of you that do not know what RSV is, it is highly contagious and common in children under 2.... mostly infants. I am stressing a little because H & K do not need to be around her. They are staying with my Dad and Yana tonight.... last night... whatever *L* It's 3:46am. I'm staying home with Soph today.

Yahoo search: Respiratory Syncytial Virus. Of those affected, 2-3% will develop bronchitis and some hospitalized. Well so now we are thinking that is what Karter had before I finally took him to the doctor. And therefore Sophie got it from him.

Sophie is not eating or drinking much. She has been on Pedialyte and will hardly drink that. She woke up a little after 2 and had fever.... but I knew she was starving. So I tried to give her formula anyway.... and of course she threw every bit of that up. She looked like a fire hydrant. It has been an hour and she is still running fever. I am very worried about her. Dr E wants me to call him today anyway and let him know how she is doing. He was pretty concerned himself. I am really worried about dehydration.

Well..... somehow in the midst of all of the above, I managed to drive the girls to dance last Monday, went to a Christmas party Thursday, Kyle's aunt and Uncle's house Friday night, of course The Wyatt Christmas Saturday, and Family Fun night last night at church. I am supposed to have our annual "Friends Ornament Exchange" tonight at Lindsay's. We are supposed to go eat Thursday night at Yana's parents... then of course Friday is Christmas Eve. Ewwww I just got a sharp pain in my head thinking of how am i going to do all of this and still get ready for Christmas and Santa Clauses arrival? I am sooooooooooooooo very far behind this year it isn't even funny. I do not have a single gift wrapped which is not like me at all. AND I still have one gift to buy.... that's not like me either. I guess that's the joys of motherhood.... it is very unpredictable and I guess I am having to learn that I can't always plan everything.

Anyway.... sorry it has been so long. I promise to post pictures soon!!
PS: I am tired and I am not going to proof read this post... so please excuse all of the errors that I am sure fill it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment