Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sophie Lynne- 6 months old




It is hard to believe that this precious little girl has been with our family for HALF A YEAR now! Gosh! I took her yesterday for her 6month check up..... here's what is going on in her life:

*She weighs 13.6 pounds
*25 1/4 inches long (so she is very petite based on her height and weight)
*Head circumference is 16 1/4"
*Was drinking a 6oz bottle, but since the rsv she only drinks about 3-4oz
*Was eating 1/2 a jar of veggies and 1/2 jar of fruit at a time, but since the rsv she doesn't want any baby food.
*Still spits up a pretty good bit
*On Enfamil A.R. formula
*Started sitting up really well a few days shy of her 6 month birthday
*Scoots where she wants to go
*Wears 3-6 month clothes unless it's a whole piece, then she wears a 9 month just to make sure it is long enough. Majority of her pants are way too big. I have a hard time getting jeans to fit. She wore a 3 month pair she got for Christmas on Sunday and they slid off her.
*Still wears the Pampers size 1-2
*Majority of the shoes Heidi was wearing at this time are too big for her
*Likes to chew on things
*Likes to take her paci in and out of her mouth and figure out how to twist and turn it until she gets it back just right
*LOVES to watch Heidi and Karter. It seems that she sometimes is harder to entertain if they are not around.
*Loves her Mommy
*Sits in a rear facing infant seat still with one headrest in it
*Still loves to get a bath
*All around a very happy, pleasant baby. I tell her she's a Pistol Ball because she can get VERY mad VERY fast.


I took these pictures yesterday at the DR office while we were waiting for Dr E to come in.


Waiting for the nurse to come give her the lovely shots :(! She was actually taking the "liquid shot" in these pictures.... before she got the 3 actual shots.


Okay I tell Heidi and Sophie all the time that a lot of the time when I look at Sophie I feel like I am going back in time and seeing Heidi as an infant all over again... it's a very strange feeling!

Anyway..... she wore pajamas last night that I knew I had pictures of Heidi wearing too. Well these are the only pictures I could find of Heidi wearing them.... and she doesn't look like Sophie to me in them. But thought I would share anyway. Plus.... Sophie is 6 months old in these pictures, and Heidi was 9 months in hers. Heidi seemed to be more fuller than Soph... oh and Heidi was in the hospital having her first set of tubes. She had her tear duct surgery 2 weeks prior to this. Anyway enjoy.... Sophie is on the left in all of them and Heidi on the right.


**Both are cotton tops :)






Yes Lola made the picture too :)



What a wonderful sight to wake up to every morning :)!

I thank God for this "unwanted gift".... the gift that I wanted and didn't know I wanted. I often wonder what life would be like without her. Of course I can't imagine. I wonder too that if she weren't here with us, would I long for her?? Would I want another child? I can play the what if game all day long.... but all that I KNOW is that I love this little miracle of a surprise and I DON'T want to picture my life without her.

I LOVE YOU SOPHIE LYNNE COLQUETT

No comments:

Post a Comment