Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sorry it's been so long.....

Gosh I can hardly believe it has been so long since I have blogged. I had a "stalker" *haha* (she'll love that) ask me yesterday where my blog update was. Honestly, with me not being at work.... I have been pretty relaxed and very much enjoying my days so I haven't "felt" a need to unwind. Being at home with the kids has once again made me realize that this IS my dream job.

So anyway.... thought I would share what all has been going on. I have more pictures, but they aren't uploaded yet... Sorry!

Okay this past Sunday was 2 weeks since I "had my 4th child" as a lot of people would say. I had been feeling weird for probably a month total. Here's a little side note for you.... if I go to the DR, then something really isn't right. I just usually suck it up, take Tylenol, and move on. Well one Friday at work I got to hurting some... I thought it was a UTI or kidney infection. I have had both before and I knew with the way I was hurting that it was going to be a long weekend if I didn't get some medicine. So anyway..... long story short I ran to the DR and was told I had Cystitis (I actually blogged about this I think). I took my antibiotic for that and things still weren't better. There was one morning in particular that I was really hurting and actually was in the shower sitting in the bottom just letting the hot water land on my back. But once again, no one even knew I was feeling anything. I don't even tell Kyle. That morning; however, his mom came up here and she took a "sample" to work and anyway it came back negative for any kind of infection, so DR B thought I might have kidney stones and said i could get an ultrasound to see. Well I didn't really see any point in that. I knew that if I had them, all I could do would be pass them. Well sure enough probably I don't know a week later I did! I was about to walk out the door when all of a sudden I felt this sharp burn and kind of squatted and went to the bathroom and wah-lah....

They sent it off, but are pretty sure it is a calcium stone. The interesting thing about that is... I don't drink a lot of milk... when I drink milk, it's in my Special K. I have really been dieting lately.... so I really don't eat much dairy products. I might have a bowl of Sherbet every blue moon. I don't drink a lot of tea.... I drink a ton of water since I am trying to lose weight. So anyway... my body is trying to create its own calcium. He told me to start taking a calcium supplement... which I have GOT to remember to get.

Apparently my stone was big? I had never seen one before and because I wasn't in excruciating pain, I figured the painful ones were the size of a quarter *haha*! And I was told that a BB size stone is considered a big stone to pass. It wasn't pleasant by no means... don't get me wrong. BUT child birth was WAY more painful!

Anyway..... last Thursday night we went to the Christmas Parade. Kyle and Heidi were in it with Ino's float.... so I stood out watching it with Karter!! It was FREEZING! But he LOVED it. I couldn't take pictures because I was holding him and he was so at "aww" at all the lights and sirens.

Friday night my mom took Heidi to her "Friends Party 2010". We just got their group of friends together to do a Christmas party and they had sooo much fun! The painted, made a gingerbread house picture frame, got an ornament, and ate pizza. Thanks to Jennifer and Natalie for taking pictures for me :)!



Kyle and I had his work party... so I couldn't take her. I was very sad that I couldn't take her.... but glad my mom was able to. At Kyle's work party they play a game... kind of like Dirty Santa. Anyway last year we left with 3 gifts.... a 5 man tent, a thing that stores meats and veggies (suction thing), and gosh I can't remember the other thing. This year he won a grill, vacuum, tool set, and a bag with rollers.... (Heidi loves it :) )! So really it is nice to go because you always leave with very nice gifts. They give away things like Blue Rays, grills, portable DVD players, digital cameras, Paula Dean cookware, Digital Frames, Knife set, outdoor fire pits, etc.

Saturday my mom and I took the kids to Dothan to see Santa and to try to find Heidi a jacket. We were unsuccessful in the jacket department. (Soph and I are going to go to Destin tomorrow to finish Christmas shopping and hopefully find Heidi a jacket).

Here's Sophie.... patiently waiting to see Santa *haha*!

Karter was not too happy to be sitting with Santa. Sophie didn't care... but everytime she smiled the girl taking the picture missed it. Wouldn't you know that I Spent $18.52 for ONE 5X7 photo. How BIZARRELY cRaZy is that?

Anyway.... when they were through, Santa called Heidi back over and asked her what she wanted... she told him a Dolphin Pillow Pet and a big Barbie house. She was so excited because he said he would try his best to bring them :)!! I guess we'll see!!!

I have VERY much enjoyed being home this week. This picture was taken Monday morning. I was trying to get Karter to smile and asked him where his teeth were... haha.... instead of smiling, he pointed to them.

Karter was in the highchair eating scrambled eggs.... well I went to check on Sophie and came back and here's where his eggs ended up!!

Yesterday I took Heidi for her very first Dentist Appointment! She really enjoyed it. They had a big TV that they pulled in so she could watch Dora and she got all kind of goodies for being so good!




So that's what has been going on in a nut shell. Tyler spent the night with us last night!! Heidi begged him to :)! He's such a good uncle. He's going to stay here tonight too! HAHA I enjoy the extra hand myself :)! He has a dentist appointment this morning. Heidi asked if she could go with him to watch him like I watched her *L*!

Anyway.... I'll try to post the rest of my pictures later.

Point to ponder before you go..... only 17 more days until Christmas!!! OH MY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment