Thursday, October 18, 2012

More Sophie Stories & Mommy Moments

This blog is full of so many Colquett Days all talked about in one post :)!  This week has been pretty go go go.  And you have to forgive me, but this  blog jumps from one thing to another.
 
I have been looking for me a table to go behind our couch for sometime now.  FINALLY found one this past weekend at a local store...thanks to my MIL and Moms help LOL.  I probably wouldn't have paid much attention to it.  It is actually a dresser that has been refinished.  And it is so perfect.  And now I have drawers to put my linens and such in.   So anyway we spent a LONG time in the store Saturday.  It is so huge that it is very overwhelming.  Anyway.... Sophie managed to run out the door to us as we tried to sneak out and go alone LOL!  So here is a video of what Soph did in the store.
 
 
I also made our first batch of homemade soup last week.  It was some kind of Yummy!!
My days get so mixed up now that I am home.  I think this was last Friday LOL.  Wait yes I know it was because The Tisdales rented the slide for football Saturday.  HEHE! GOSH!  Anyway, they delivered it Friday so they invited us over to let the kiddos play on it.  They had a blast. 

Sophie Loves her some Kayla :)!!!

Okie and Soph
Check out this handsome dude. 
HAHA Sophie and Brayden no joke act like brother and sister.  They fight just like Sophie and Karter.
Tadpole and Sophie
And the huge wet slide.  The water was FREEZING!!!! But that didn't stop these girls.  (Nor B)
Baahaaaa so last year I'm not sure if I blogged about it or not, but the kids accidentally pulled the tail of a lizard off.  Well we were in the backyard and noticed the same poor nubby lizard is still around!!  The tail still hasn't grown back.  I really felt sorry for it for a second.
Most of you know that I still rock or lay with my kiddos every night to get them to sleep.  So Sunday night as we were rocking, there was a new show on "Chicago Fire" or something like that.  They were very much into it.  So was I *LOL*!!! I can't lie.
Karter Loves to stay with his MeMe.  He started out rocking with us and then went to her house.  So the girls and I got on the couch :)!  Sophie insisted on putting her arm around me.  Such another rare Sophie "semi-sweet" moment.  I say semi because she was SOOOO persistant.
I got soooo excited when this magazine came in the mail :)!!  I LOVED Barbies growing up and now Heidi does.  So when this came in the mail, I could hardly wait to open it and feel like a kid again for a split second.
And check out how stylish Barbie is in 2012 :)!
Oh and I seriously think the girls need one of these for Christmas :)!!
Another magazine that I get in the mail that puts a huge smile on my face is my Paula Deen magazine.  LOVE to look at all the recipes.  She actually has a pretty good looking weekly menu in here that I think I am going to try.
HAHA Most everyday the babies think they need a popcycle and we go outside for them to eat it.  Sophie LOVES to take a picture of her colored tongue or teeth.
Y'all really cannot imagine how bossy this baby girl is.  She blows my mind EVERY day.  And she is soooo hard headed and head strong.  We butt heads a lot needless to say :)!  I still struggle with making her mind me.  I had to get the fly flap to her yesterday for the first time and it broke my heart.  Want to know why????  Glad you asked.

She was SOOOOO ill that she couldn't stand herself and we couldn't stand to hear her whine.  Well I put her down for a nap 3 different times.  One time, I went to check on her because I heard something and I couldn't find her anywhere.  And I seriously had a small panic attack because I knew she hadn't come out of the room.  Well finally she moved a little and I saw Heidi's clothes move.  She was in the closet behind Heidi's clothes.  So of course she got in trouble and I put her back in the bed (FYI for nap time she knows that she just lays down in her bed and goes to sleep.  I don't rock her for nap because she won't ever go to sleep)and NO STINKING JOKE.... she PEED in the bed!!! UGH!!!  She knew she would have to get out of it if it was wet.    So got all that straight and by the time it was all said and done it was time to get Heidi from school.  She was SOOO ugly in the car line (video later in blog) so as soon as we got home I put her back in the bed.  Well she had been in there for a little while and she was real quiet, so I thought she had gone to sleep until I heard something.  I went in there again to find she was "missing" so I knew right where she was.  I made her get out of the closet and had no choice but to try the fly flap by this time.  She ended up taking a nap after that and felt much better after waking up.

MOTHERHOOD IS HARD somedays!

It wouldn't be so bad if she didn't whine ALLLLLLL day.  Ya know? 

Like she was sooo adament that we buy these Mickey Mouse cookies from the store and bake them.  All fine and dandy right?  She was SO mad because they weren't already cooked and then she was super mad because they took 8 minutes to bake and then INCREDIBLY mad because they were too hot to eat when they came out.  I mean why??  Could be so enjoyable  to bake cookies together... right???


But there are times when she gives the BEST random hugs and kisses.  She gives the biggest most loving hugs when she gives them.  Such as this picture of her hugging me and wanting to take pictures with her crazy hair.

Whew.... so she definitely makes this thing called Mommyhood challenging. 

Anyway... change the subject for a bit.  I am TERRIFIED of Spiders right??? Well I HATE roaches too.  I'm not terrified of them, but I just cannot seem to make myself step on them.  I can't stand the "cRuNcH" sound it makes.  Makes me shiver thinking about it.  So usually if I see a roach, I run for spray as fast as I can.  Well.............  Soph spotted one crawling in our bedroom hall.  YUCK!!!  I wanted to make sure I killed it, but knew I didn't have time to grab Raid..... soooooooo I ran to our bathroom and got the first thing I saw that I thought would work.  Clorox toilet bowl cleaner.  SMART ONE TOYIA!!!  After I squirted the little sucker it hit me that it was CLOROX.  I scrubbed it with water, but that didn't matter.  The carpet quickly changed colors.  Sooo check out this lovely colored carpet thanks to a stinking roach.

Well to lighten the roach and colored carpet mood, Soph was cheering, so I decided to teach her Firecracker Firecracker.  She picked up on it rather fast :)!! 


I don't know if the kids or myself was more excited for Papa to come home.  He got in Tuesday and of course we could hardly wait to see him.  I told him it's like the kids feel like they are in jail because they see me ALL THE TIME so they feel "free" when we have company.  So he came by and they played and played and then the babies ended up going to his house with him.  Heidi loved that because she got Mommy time.  We went for a walk/run and then played when we got home and then watched some TV while I worked on Sophie's Scarecrow costume.

They got to run wild and free LOL.


Dad sent me this pic of Kman.... he conked out on their couch while watching Ratatoulie (sp?).  That's his favorite movie to watch there.
So Heidi and I ended up picking up pizza and taking it to Dad and Yana's house :)!  It was a nice family evening.
And yes.... KyKy was teaching Sophie how to shoot me with the nurf gun, but thankfully it wouldn't work properly :-)! 
It was a rainy day in the south... so Heidi Leigh got to wear her rain boots :)!
Oh goodness..... another joy of mommy hood...... milk had seeped out of a sippy cup and got on the carpet in the car.  The smell is sooooooo bad of sour milk.  I tried everything to get it out and finally did Baking Soda.  YES THANK GOODNESS that worked.  No more smell....

HAHA this cracks me up..... Soph was "pulling" Karter on the boogy board. 

Everytime she would start going it would snap off.  Bless them, they tried soooo many times for it to work, so finally I hooked it to the jeep for them and they were so excited.
This is so out of order, but this was Sunday night on the way to church.  They were all give out!!
Oh my goodness forgot to mention that Tuesday morning Karter swallowed a PENNY!!! YES!!!!  He put it in his mouth and I told him to take it out before he swallowed it, so he went to spit it out and I guess it opened his throat and down it went.  He was so scared.  I have to admit I panicked for a moment.  But just one of those things where it has to pass on it's own :-/.

Yesterday afternoon Karter went with Papa and Sophie was asleep (this was after the flyflap incident), so had more Heidi time.  She played Beauty Shop on me. 




And later before church I played beauty shop on the girls.  They wanted curly hair for church, so after a bath that's what they got :)!
Yesterday morning was so nice.  Dad kept the babies while I went to the school to make copies.  When I got finished he had taken them to Aunt Charlotte's to get a hair cut :)!  So I went there too.... and then we all went to Hardees and enjoyed a breakfast. 
Daddy also helped me get the dresser and desk I bought (bought the desk to re-do for Heidi's room) from Just Stuff.  Don't you just love it?  Of course I still have to get my chalk board window hung and fix it up, but I couldn't wait for that before getting a picture.

Oh my.... so here is a video of Sophie in the school line yesterday.  And granted, this is her in the school line most everyday.  Except for Tuesday.  She fell asleep on the way to the school and it was the most peaceful school line wait EVER!!! haha!
 
Another joyful mommy moment.  Sophie pooped in her panties for the 1,000 time it seemed yesterday.  So when I went to wash them out, I turned the water on and yep.... the shower part was on and got the right side of my head pretty good.  Nothing like that surprise when you aren't expecting it.
I don't know what goes on in her head.  She is sooo 100% potty trained and then sometimes she just flat out doesn't care if the bathroom is not convenient for her.  She peed in her panties so much Tuesday that I finally put a pull up on her and NO JOKE..... THE KID WAS EXCITED!!  She liked me calling her a baby.  She would say, "I'm baby Soap-ie".  She seriously could care less that she had a "diaper" on.

I am still convinced that if she was in daycare she would be kicked out by now.  I honestly dread time for her to go to school.

:-))))) this was last night coming home from church.  Heidi loves to listen to Radio Disney on XM and they happened to play Taylor Swift's song.  The girls LOVE to sing this song and will request it over and over and over.  So to end the blog I'm gonna leave you with a video of Sophie singing it that is sure to make you smile.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment