Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Looking Back..... On Me :)!!

 When we were taking out the table we had in the foyer to put the new dresser in, I was cleaning out the drawers and found these old pictures of me :)!  It was so neat to go through them and just .... remember when....

Okay so in the preschool picture above, I am the 3rd from the left sitting down.

The one below, I am the 2nd row, farthest to the right in the pink. 
 I have always loved this picture... and check out the big bangs LOL!! The styles change don't they? I am the one standing on the left.
 I am wearing one of Mama's homemade "Bubble suits" in this picture.  Middle row, 3rd from left.
 I was in gosh numerous pageants growing up :)!! If Mom heard of a pageant, I was in it.  I think I enjoyed doing them until I was older. 



So this is the picture I was telling y'all about several weeks ago when I put the picture of Heidi in my dress.  The one above is me wearing the dress at 6 years old and the one below is Heidi wearing the dress at 6.  How neat? :) 

My mom actually made this dress.  So it is extra special.


Awwwwwiiieeeeee



 Isn't it fun to just look back on old photos? That is why I take so many. 




 Not sure how this one got in the mix, but it did.  Okay I had just announced that we were expecting in this picture.  So I guess I was about 9 weeks pregnant here.  Karter man was just a "whittle baby".   I can remember feeling so stressed and overwhelmed that night because everyone was congratulating me.  I wish so badly I could go back and do it all over again and not feel so ashamed and embarrassed. 
The ladies were talking in our DT Class on Sunday nights at how you know the saying that "God doesn't give you more than you can handle"..... well that's untrue.  God DOES give us more than we can handle so that we will learn to rely on Him.  Sad how too often our "humaness" tries to handle things.  I am so beyond thankful for our precious little family. 

1 comment:

  1. Toyia,
    These pics of you was like a trip down memory lane. I remember many of them and actually went with your Mom to many of the pageants that you were in. Hard to believe that so much time has gone by. Fun to look back.

    ReplyDelete