Monday, October 15, 2012

Pumpkin Carving & New Recipes For Supper! DELISH!

So today was a typical day.  Cleaning, laundry, cleaning, laundry, grocery store, cleaning, HAHA! Get my drift?  I wanted to try something new for supper tonight, so I invited Yana, Tyler, and my Grandmother over for supper.  I cooked Chicken Alfredo Roll-Ups (compliments of pinterest) and they were DELISH! I will def. cook them again.   I also made another pinterest inspired cake.  Coconut Dream Cake.  It is a 6 layer cake and I have never made a cake that looked so pretty and turned out so well.  I was so happy about it.  I thought it was DELICIOUS too :)!

 KyKy is off on Mondays, so he came over and went with us to get Heidi from school.  After school, we carved pumpkins :)!!  So sad that Sophie's broke.  We will have to get her another one to do.  I wanted them to each pick out their own designs for the pumpkins.  Heidi wanted a peace sign, Karter wanted a boat, and of course Sophie had to be all "halloweeny" and wanted a monster.  That was only because we finally convinced her that we could not carve her face into the pumpkin.





 Karter was in and out of the carvings.  He would much rather ride the bike :)!

 Sophie kept putting her hand through the hole and saying, "HELLO" in the deepest voice she had.  It was hilarious.
 

 Since the black outline was showing up, Heidi painted her peace sign :)!
 And ta....da...... So unique :)
 Heidi was checking them out after tumbling.
 And on to the oh so yummy Chicken Alfredo Raps.  VERY easy to make too.  I boiled chicken and cut them in bite size pieces.  I also boiled 10 lasagna noodles for 8 minutes, drained them, and rinsed them with cold water.  Very important to rinse with cold water to prevent from sticking.  Then lay each one out on wax paper.

 I then put a spoon full of alfredo sauce (I used the jar kind, but you could do homemade), added chicken, and sprinkled Italian Seasoning. And then rolled each one up.
 Put the remainder of the Alfredo sauce over the roll ups and make sure to get in between each one to help prevent sticking to one another. Baked for approx 30 minutes on 350 degrees.

 I highly recommend cooking this dish and if you follow me on pinterest, it's on my recipe board.

Sophie convinced sweet Grandmama that she wanted to sit with her.  Only a trick! She wanted "Ty Ty" (You know she has to call him different than everyone else).


The Coconut Dream Cake is also on my recipe board.  I mean it is DELISH :)! 

Smile :)!! Jesus Loves YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment