Thursday, March 21, 2013

Family Grilling, Family Racing, Family Time

Y'all I LOVE Spring!  Longer days & beautiful weather.  We are an outside bunch, so winter is not really our thing :-) ! 

We have spent a lot of time playing outside, grilling, having family races, etc. the past couple days.  So I thought I would share some pictures with you :)!

First, I have to share a picture with you that I have been forgetting to share.  Sophie Girl had a good time taking pictures of her self one day LOL!  Looks like she has a big ole forehead baahaaa!
Okay so Monday night I tried a new dish, sweet & sour chicken.  It calls for rice so that you can put the chicken and sauce on the rice and eat it that way.  No kidding, I got the rice out of the pantry and on my way back to the stove, I spilled the rice EVERYWHERE!  The babies were in the bathtub, so I couldn't even blame it on them haha!  It was a MESS!!!!!! 

Thankfully the Shark just sucked it all right up :)!!  I really don't know what I did before the Shark.  I use it gosh at least 3-4 times a week.  I am constantly vacuuming. 

Anyway, the supper was "okay"..... I won't make it again in other words.  Unfortunately, we guess it had Red Dye #40 in it and has caused a major swelling problem with KC.  He got some steroids yesterday, so hopefully it'll go down today since he'll have 24 hours of it in him.


So Soph is like the best child eater ever.  She eats all day.  No joke!  If she comes to your house, she is going to tell you she is hungry.  Don't feel obligated to feed her hehe!  I promise she is not starving.  The other morning she wanted left over rice & peas, & a poptart that she brought from Babees.  She also requested fish sticks, but I just really didn't want the house to smell fishy first thing in the  morning :)! 


I don't know if it is from the virus or what, but over the past two days I have just randomly gotten this headache that I can't seem to shake & end up getting very nauseous & throw up.  Once I throw up it is almost immediate relief?  Weird?  So far feeling good today :)!! So hopefully it won't happen.  With that being said, Tuesday night I was starving because I had lost any little bit I had eaten earlier that day.  I had to go to the grocery store to get a few things (haha.... $135 worth which is a cheap trip), so picked up some chicken to grill, potatoes to bake, and broccoli :)!!  It was DELISH too!

Here's ole Kyro grilling..... pretty sight don't ya think?
One thing I really like about living in town are good neighbors.  Our "back door" neighbors are great :)!!  Their son, Trey, and Heidi are friends :)!! So they always pass back and forth through the fence.  Great memories for them :)!!!  While we were grilling, Heidi went over to play and her friend, Madelyn, was also there.  She had a great time :)!!!

While the grill was going, I got all the "inside" food prep done and then went outside and just sat with KC on the patio.  It was so nice.  The babies were jumping and playing.  All around great evening.

And here was the yummy meal......
So yesterday morning, Soph wanted to watch the Barbie DVD again.  She doesn't think she can watch it without putting a dress on and dressing up :)!!  Which is totally fine by me.

She would take a break from dancing to eat of course ;-)!!!

I love this picture..... such a Princess :)!!!
Yesterday afternoon we once again spent all our time outside until time to get baths and head to church :)!!  Kyle is such a big kid and thinks of all these fun things for them to do.  While I was painting a backdrop piece for Kmans birthday party, he tied up this tape stuff and started racing.  Oh and that was after he would sit on Kmans bike and race him down the hill while Karter was in the little orange and yellow car.  HAHA!  I got some videos of the races :)!!!  Hope you enjoy.
 Last night after church, Kyle got the munchies.  He ate waffles, cereal, and pickle chips LOL.  I don't know if it was the steroids or what.  Of course, Little Tiny had to share his cereal with him.  I really think she is going to pop one day.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful when all you have to do is the inside prep, and the guys do all the grilling stuff. I always manage to burn anything and EVERYTHING that I try to grill. So I am thankful that my hubby loves to use our grills. This way we know were eating good food and not burnt food. Thanks so much for sharing your post.

    ReplyDelete