Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sophie Lynne's Sweet Girlie Room....

 Re-doing the kiddos' rooms has really been lots of fun.  They are supposed to come this week to do KMans carpet and then hopefully his will be basically done and I will share those :)!!

We decided to split the girls up and do away with the playroom.  Best Decision ever!  Gives Heidi privacy and now the girls have their own closet.... that in itself was a deal breaker. 

Anyway, I knew I wanted to put a twin bed in Sophie's room.  I had looked at all sorts of beds & found one I absolutely loved or my mom did and sent me a picture & I fell in love :).... and it was like a little girls canopy style twin bed.  Absolutely gorgeous, but they had already sold it :(!  So the search continued.  Most of you know I don't like to spend a lot of money, I like to find things inexpensive and then re-do them.  Mom happened into a local store, Just Stuff, one day and came across this beautiful twin bed + dresser.  I fell in love :)!!  I saw all sorts of potential.  Of course I went up there right away and bought it for Soph.  Well it sat in our building for gosh months and months.  I know we got it before Thanksgiving.... maybe before October?  I cannot believe I don't still have a before picture of the furniture.  It was a pretty off white color.  I had decided to just use it the way it was, so I hadn't messed with it.

I spent SEVERAL months looking and searching for that bedding for her that was "just right".  I really didn't know what I wanted or what I was looking for, I just knew that when I saw it that I would know that would be "IT".  My Mommer in Law *S* had talked me into doing her room purple since that is just a color that I generally steer away from.  So I was trying to find bedding with purple in it.  Sophie loves purple so I knew that would be perfect for her.  I finally found one I liked at www.bedding.com that was different shades of purple polka dots.  I liked it, I didn't love it.... but I was basically over the search.  SOOO it came in, and under the tree it went for Sophie for Christmas.

WELLLLL........ I have this love/hate relationship with Zulily.  I'll buy from them for a while, then delete them because of the temptation, then add them back, and so forth.  One day they had beddings on there and when I saw this one I mean I could not stop smiling and I KNEW this was what I wanted for Sophie.  It was so funny because when Sophie opened that purple bedding at Christmas I was like.... well baby you aren't keeping this.... Momma got you a different one LOL.  Thankfully she is only 2 and could care less. The bad thing was, I had it for so long that it was passed the time I could return it, so now I am stuck with it & know I won't get my money's worth out of it.  The Elephant bedding I got was so different, so girlie, so Sophie, but so not purple.  I decided to paint her room a light pink to make it a sweet, calm, soft environment and maybe it would make Sophie want to "be nice" every day when she woke up.... BAAHAAA NOT!

So anywho..... when KC was gone to work this past time, I got the carpet people to come lay carpet.  I wanted to have her room as much together as I could before he got home.  One night my mom came over and helped me move all her furniture in and once it got in there, I didn't like it ;-/ ......... the off white of it just didn't flow with the soft pink.  SOOO a few days later, mom and I got out side, started sanding it, painting it, sanding it, painting it, & then did the clear coat over it.





 I didn't want it all smooth and white.  I wanted it almost a rustic white.  It was a lot of fun doing it :) because there really is not a wrong way to do it.  If I thought I messed up on a spot, I could just sand that spot off and could never tell. 
 I found her curtains at Target :) and absolutely love them. 
 Goodness, we tried her bed all different directions.  The room is small, so I wanted to figure out how to arrange the furniture so that it would allow space for her doll things and not seem crowded.
 Sophie absolutely loves it.  She can jump on her on bed now and not worry about jumping on Heidi's.
 I also found that window mirror at Just Stuff and painted it.  It was off white.  I wanted to try to tie in some of the blueish color that was in her bedding :).  The green rug was Heidi's rug from her baby nursery that has just ended up going with the girls' decor all along.
I forgot to take a picture of her dresser?  But will have to do that later and share.  Right now Kmans stuff is in there so that the carpet people can come.  HAHA I get a room all organized and straight and then we pile it up again to do another room hehe!  Ready for all the carpet to be over and done with so I can keep the rooms somewhat in order.

Hope you like her room as much as I do :) & she does.  It was lots of fun to put together :)!!  Now I am going to start on Heidi's dresser (mom found one for $10 at a yard sale that I am sanding and painting) & already sanded Heidi's night stand. 

Now that I am thinking about it :)..... I should probably call this...... Rooms On A Dime?!?!?! There's a thought????

No comments:

Post a Comment