Monday, April 15, 2013

Happy 4th Birthday Karter Man!

 So today is my sweet Karter Man's birthday.  I can hardly believe he is 4 years old.  How did that happen?  He is so excited to be 4 too!  He wants to start preschool so bad he can't stand it lol.  He thought since he turned 4 today that he would start today.  I hated to be the one that brings bad news.

Anyway this morning we baked  him a cake.  He wanted a cake rather than cupcakes AND he requested it to be blue :)!! So ask and you shall receive :)!!  In todays World birthdays sometimes just get mixed in with the chaoticness of every day life.  I want mine to know that their birthdays are very special to me and that they are very special to me.  I don't ever want them to feel like it is not an important day. 

Sophie loves to lick the beater LOL!!! (MeMe just ignore that part).... Kman got mad because she wouldn't let him lick it.  She could care less that it was his birthday hehe!

 I like to let the kiddos give me ideas on what they want to do for their birthday.  Karter told me he wanted, "spaghetti and sausage and chicken and chips and hamburgers and dr pepper" LOL..... and I honestly was going to try to figure out how to do it all for him.  Instead he and his sister saw a commercial for Chuck E Cheese and she convinced him that he wanted to go there.  So thankful she did.  We had a wonderful time.  Kayla and Brayden went with us and I honestly can say Kman had a great day.























 Karter was mad with me because he didn't have 400 tickets to exchange for a snake.  All he got was a frog LOL!  So he wouldn't take a picture with me and the girls :(.
 I guess I was pouting in that picture as he was walking off......

 When we got home Karter had a surprise waiting for him from MeMe.  He was SOOOO excited.



 Of course Sophie was too..... :-)
 Nana and Grandmama came over and brought his present.... a fireman suit!!
 It is right up his alley.  He LOVES it and wore it most of the night and kept "fighting" fires. 




 Once we started settling down, I had to enjoy a piece of blue cake and milk :)!! It was rather yummy I must say.

 I don't know if y'all are into Bates Motel, but to end his birthday we all settled in to watch it.  We are hooked.  I got a picture of them to show how into it they were.
And I just need to add my letter to Karter.

Karter Man,

You are 4!!!! 4!!!!!! How did you grow so fast?  I blinked and you were 4?  Words cannot describe how much I love you and how thankful I am to have you.  You are my little man and my main man when Daddy is gone.  You are the sweetest little boy.  You are all the time coming up with different sayings and will just come up to me and hug me out of the blue and say, "I love you mom....".... just things that completely melt my heart.  You love to tell stories.  You watch so many movies on the iPad that your little mind is full of imagination.  It doesn't matter what room I am in, when the iPad goes dead, I can definitely tell.  You get sooooo mad when it dies.  There are days that I purposely don't charge it because I know that you need to play with your toys or outside. 

You are so quiet.  Much different than your little sister.  You tolerate a lot from your sisters, but when they reach their limit with you, you let them know real fast.  

You are still a pretty picky eater.  You are basically a meet and french fry guy. 

You love to play in the dirt outside and I love it when you ask me if you can go play in the dirt.  You are also obsessed with having snow ball fights, although you have never had a real one.  You will throw socks or anything else and say "SNOW BALL FIGHT".  This morning actually you found some Styrofoam and was jibbling it in little bitty pieces saying it was snow.  I didn't see what it would hurt, so I just let you have a good time with it.  Nothing a vacuum couldn't get up. 

Most of all, you bring so much life to everyone around you.  I cannot imagine not having you in our family.  I love you with all of my heart and God truly blessed your Daddy and I when he gave us you.

Love you little man!! Happy Birthday!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment