Friday, April 19, 2013

Recital Time!!

So most of you know that I really like to give "meaningful" gifts.  I really don't like to give gifts just because they need a gift.  I really try to put a lot of thought into gifts.  Especially like party favors and such.  I can't stand the thought of giving something and it just going in the trash.  So for the dance girls, I didn't want to give the usual picture frame. 

I thought back to when I was little and took dance, a friend gave all of us a personalized (painted) pillow cases.  I truly cherished it.  So much that Kyle and I even used it until it finally fell apart.  Well that is what the dance girls got this year :)!!  I did them all different to try to fit their personalities.  I LOVE the silhouettes on them.  I got smart with those.  I pulled an image up online, put the pillow case over my screen, traced it, painted it and wah-lah!!
Wednesday night was the show before the show.  They did amazing.  I am so excited to see the actual show tonight and tomorrow night. 

I got a few snap shots of Heidi getting her pictures made :)......



Amanda started last year coming with us on the pre-show night.  So thankful :)!! Love her to pieces.

Heidi and Hannah....


This one cracks me up of them..... so their true relationship HAHA!!

I am so proud of this girl.....
The cousins before the show :)....
AND then.... we had a surprise guest :)!!!! Mrs. Hightower came.  So glad.  Love her so much.



These are pictures of the "Opp" girls giving the teachers their gifts.

Heidi and Hannah took these pics of Amanda, me, and Jessica at David's, so they are a little blurry. 







Once we got home, the babies were already snoozing.  Heidi got a shower and we tried the best we could to get her makeup off.  She wanted to sleep in her hair braided though so it would be "curly" the next day.

She was so excited that when she woke up her eyes looked like they still had makeup on them.  She wouldn't let me get it off that morning.  She wanted to go to school with it like that.

So she did a mini photo shoot in the car on the way to school :)....


Anyway, Love my baby girl and super excited about the recital.    Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment