Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Skate, Skate, Skate.... & Recital is Over!!

 Y'all I absolutely love that Heidi takes dance because I did for many years growing up, but recital week is just exhausting.  I have to admit I am glad it is over.  It was much earlier in the year this time, but that is okay because that gives her a longer break until time to start again.  Although Heidi is only in jazz/tumbling and I was in jazz, ballet, point (I blame that class for my ingrown toe nails :-/), tap, clogging, and some other class that I forget what it was called but we had these hardly nothing neutral "shoes"... it was more like a modern class??? Anyway.... HOW. DID.MY.PARENTS.DO.IT????  Every recital year I ask myself that question over and over and over.  I am very thankful they did :)!!
 Love how these girls just struck a pose without even being told :)!!!

Sweet Sara Catherine and her Mom.... this was before Friday nights show :)....


 We got home Friday night about midnight & about 11 Saturday night.  We went to MeMe's after the recital to eat both nights.  Heidi, Shelly Kate, and Miley Grace loved that :)!!! 

Saturday morning Heidi's good friend, Kinleigh, had her last birthday party in Opp.  Her family is moving at the end of the school year.  My tender hearted Heidi was so sad.  Kinleigh is excited, so that helped Heidi's feelings :)!! She has a hard time parting from people.
 It was cool Saturday?!!?!?! South Alabama weather is so confusing. 

After Kinleigh's party we picked up several hats that I got monogrammed.... including one for me and Heidi :)!!!  Heidi loved hers and had to put it on right away.

 Saturday was just tiring all together.  Got in late the night before, had the party, then had to get ready for another recital night. 

We did take a few "time out" moments to just enjoy whatever moment was going on haha!! Just so happened to be outside letting the babies play in the dirt before time to get a bath and get ready.  We have steps that are right beside our carport that we sit on A LOT!!! Can see everything from those steps :)!!!  So Kyle and I watched the babies from there and I had no clue he was doodling with chalk at the same time.  When he got up I saw this..... he made fun of me for getting a picture.... but really???? How couldn't I??? Still makes me giggle.  Our future house plans hehe!!!! Love that he is still a kid at heart.  Keeps us young..... BAAHAAAA!
 Soph wanted to go to the recital again Saturday night.  Her attention span is about the same as an ant.  She did okay for about the first 5 dance as long as they were dancing.  I am hoping she will do better next year since she will be in it.  She would sit in my lap and do the motions as the dancers would.  It was rather cute!!!

During intermission, she needed to stretch her legs apparently and walked around some with Heidi. I then caught her sitting in this nice comfy seat seriously studying something???
 Kyle and Karter showed up after intermission.... just in time to watch Heidi.  He said it was perfect hehe!!  Friday night he watched the entire thing, so Saturday night he knew the time Heidi should come on and showed up then.  Karter was actually very good during it.  But when is he not good?? I mean really? 

Our little Fam Jam photo after the recital :)!!  One with Izzy Mae and one without her.

 Sunday morning I had to get up early to cook because our Sunday School class was staying after church to eat.  We also had child care :)!!!!  Our friends Jonathan, Whitney, and Emmie Kate came.  We were so excited.  We let Emmie Kate come in class with us since it was her first time.  She and Sophie were so excited.


 We left church about 12:30 and had Miley Grace's skating party at 1.  *YAWN*..... I am tired thinking/typing all of this.  We ran home, changed, wrapped her gift, and off we went.

I snapped this picture of my handsome Karter Man getting out of the car.  I love everything about this picture.  It's like he turned 4 and looks like such a young boy and not so much little boyish.

 Kyle still loves skating.  I told him I had enough skating parties under my belt while he is gone so I was going to relax at this one and let him skate with kids LOL!




 Hard to tell, but Megan is holding Miley Grace's cute puppy, Toddy.
 Needless to say, after church Sunday night.... we crashed.  But you know, although I was soooo unbelievably tired & like the devil was trying his hardest to convince me I was too tired to go to church, while at church, I was fine.  I wasn't tired at all.  So many times during church I just praised God for giving me the energy I needed to be able to pay attention.  It was amazing.

Monday morning we went to our friend's grandmothers visitation.  We got back a little after lunch and then my normal daily routine started :)!!! Laundry, Laundry, Laundry..... oh and cleaning and trying to catch up from the busy weekend.

That evening Heidi helped her Daddy work on the lawn mower :)!!! I really think they both enjoyed that. 
 I was ready for some good eatin', so I put a roast in the crock pot yesterday morning and we had roast, carrots, butter beans, corn, and Heidi's favorite.... deviled eggs. 

After supper Kyle and Soph mixed up some brownies :)!
 A little bit later... well you can see the time.... hehe.... 7:34..... I was talking to Kayla and anyway......


 we made a trip to Dairy Queen :)!!!!!

Karter was mad because he wanted to sit in the back, so on the way home he and Brayden swapped with the girls.
Well Y'all know I am not spontaneous.... well neither is my friend Kayla.  She is pregnant.... so I guess the craving and "deliciousness" won over it not being planned. 

Oh and PS: We always joke about the goodwill because I seriously take something at least 1 time a week and I always go at night.  I don't want them to know who brought it by.

I think we are finally rested up :)!!!! Karter's party is tomorrow night and I am soooo excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment