Tuesday, November 12, 2013

All the Way to Esther.....

So last night, the kiddos made me feel so good inside :)!!  We ate at Moms & on the way home, Karter and Sophie both fell asleep.  I was a little sad because it was only 5:30 and they had played so hard all day, so I knew they really needed a bath.  Thankfully when we got home, they both woke up and we really had the best evening!  We got baths, and then they played for a couple hours after.  While they played, I cleaned the oven eyes and ran vinegar through the Keurig several times to clean it. 

It finally got to being wind down time.  Generally I wait to do our family Devotion before we settle down.  It just seems to calm the kids and right after, they know it is time to rock.  I have been guilty of throwing away the little sheets they get on Sundays, but really they have such good information on them.  We read a devotion, practiced their weekly Bible verse... Joshua 1:9... "God is with you wherever you go", and then practiced the books of the Bible.  I started doing family devotions about a year ago (wish I had of started sooner *sad face*).  After the devotion, I ask questions and we all pray together. 

Well, last night we added another step to that :)!!  Sunday when Heidi came out of her Sunday School class, her teacher was telling them to practice the books of the Bible.  And it hit me.  Why have I not been practicing the books of the Bible with them?  I had a Debbie Downer moment.  That all changed last night :)!!  We practiced all the way to Esther.  I didn't want to do "information overload" on their little minds.  It was so fun and they loved trying to remember them. Just sweet to hear them saying it and even sweeter to hear and watch Big Sister teaching them. Of course I got it on video to share with my blog friends :)!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment