Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Karter Colquett.... The Morning He has put me through....

So this morning was a great morning.  Everyone cooperated getting ready, I got lunches packed, and we even had enough time to send our sweet, Mollie Mae, a birthday video.  Right after the video, Heidi asked if I would unlock the car. 

"Sure".... as I walk back inside to get my keys.

Wait.... where are my keys?? I laid them right here.  I know I laid them here.  I remember us getting back from me walk/running and the kids playing and we came in, I remember locking the car and hearing the "beep" and then placing them on the counter just as I always did.  But where are they? 

I hurriedly unloaded and reloaded my purse.  No keys.  I looked all over the floors, counters, table.... no keys.  I asked all of the kids where they were, they have no idea. 

Thankfully we have some of the greatest neighbors.  I called Tina to see if they left yet and they hadn't, so I sent Karter and Heidi to ride to school with them.  I had 20 minutes still to find them and get Sophie to preschool.  It was getting close to time and still no keys.  I called Mama and she came to town and we got Soph to preschool. 

I am praying that I would be able to find them.

When I got back from taking her, Mama helped me look.  No where to be found.  I replayed last night over and over and over in my head.  I went through each and every step.  Nothing.  I even went through the garbage.... TWICE.....  no keys.  I called and talked to Karter at school, he denied knowing where they were.  So I called and talked to Heidi.  She didn't know where they were and they weren't in her backpack.  The next step was to call the dealership in Daphne where I got it to see what the step would be to getting another one made.  (I need to add that I traded my Tahoe and got an Enclave just a few weeks ago.  And go figure... there was only 1 set of keys).  He said I would need my VIN (which he so kindly gave me), my license, and a local dealer should be able to help get one. 

Okay.... we are on the right track finally.  BUT WHERE ARE MY KEYS????  After each phone call I am still frantically looking and thinking about where could they possibly be. 

.... and looking something like this.....
 
So I called our local dealership.  Come to find out the Enclave's have an anti-theft thing with their key bobs and we could have a key cut for it based off the VIN and after a 10 minute "training the car with the key" we could probably get in the car, but then was no guaranteed that it would crank because the car wouldn't recognize the key without the bob.  They could order the whole set and generally that takes a couple days to get them in.  The only problem is.... THEY HAVE TO HAVE MY CAR TO PROGRAM IT!!!  Which means, I would have to have my car towed to the dealership.

REALLY????? WHERE ARE MY STINKING KEYS????  Is this really happening?
 
I replay last night AGAIN just to be sure that I have looked EVERYWHERE that I can think of.  The entire time, Mama is going.... "Toyia.... did the kids get them?  Are you sure that Karter didn't hide them?" because he has hid things.... OFTEN.  But at this point, I wasn't sure of anything.  I wasn't going to blame the kids because I do forget where I put stuff from time to time.  I tried to blame Kyle because he is at work and I don't have an extra vehicle (bless him), but that really wasn't a fair thing to do.

Still praying.

So now I call Progressive to make sure my road side assistance covers towing.  Hallelujah it does!  They were transferring me to the department to set me up to have it towed, but I told him to wait.  I needed to talk to my husband to see what I needed to do.  I had sent Kyle an "S.O.S" message and I knew that when he saw it, he would completely panic and think that something bad had happened.  I got so side tracked that I forgot to send him another message telling him that we were all okay. Go figure.

In the mean time Mama takes me to get my Grandmama's car so that we have a way to get from A to B.  We are now 2 hours into this mess.

Lord please help me find my keys.

I called the dealership in Daphne again to see if we could contact the previous owners and have the spare keys sent to us.  Turns out the dealership went and bought the Enclave.... it wasn't a trade in, so they had no way to do that.  They were very apologetic and had even been looking and thinking about how to help me.

Mama went on home since I had Grandmama's car.  I decided to take a shower and try to "chill" and then start over looking.  I really wanted to talk to Kyle before I did anything.  When I got out of the shower, my phone was ringing.  I ran to get it and it was Amanda.  She said, "Did you find them?" I sadly responded, "no"..... she said, "WELL WHO IS THE BEST FRIEND AND BEST TEACHER EVER (She is Karter's teacher in case some of you didn't know)?" I said PLEASE just tell me if you know where they are.

She said, "Well, I could tell when you were talking to Karter earlier that he had a smirk on his face like he might know where they are.  So I just asked him again if he knew.  I explained to him that he wouldn't be in trouble, but that Mommy really needed her keys (I had texted her and told her about the towing and all that jazz before this) and that someone was going to have to come get her car and take it away and that he wouldn't be able to go to soccer, or school, or anywhere."  SOOOO he said that, "He may remember seeing Sophie (putting the blame on her) put them in HIS closet under his clothes".  I have his fall stuff folded up in the bottom of his closet.  I am still on the phone with her and steadily looking through those clothes for them.  I then told her that it was okay.  If they were there then he could just get them when he gets home because I have Grandmama's car now and I have a way to go.  He quickly changed his story to they were in our DVD cabinet in the living room.  SO I (still on the phone with them.... THANK YOU LORD FOR A WONDERFUL SCHOOL SYSTEM) go to the living room and begin looking.  He kept saying that they were "Across" the cabinet... so I am thinking like all in the cabinet maybe in the back?  Well I went "across" the room to the other set of cabinets by the fireplace, open the cabinet.....

AND THERE ARE MY KEYS..... It was like seeing the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.
 
 I had never seen them shine the way they were shining......

I seriously started crying on the phone with Amanda.  I was laughing, I was crying.  I was praising Jesus

KARTER COLQUETT IS HIS DADDY MADE OVER!!!  Kyle is such a prankster.  I mean.... I went through the garbage... twice!!!  We had tacos for supper for crying out loud and I hadn't taken the trash out yet.  I was digging through meat, cheese, sauce, etc.  I had been on the phone with dealerships, I WAS ABOUT TO HAVE IT TOWED!!!! 

I promised him that he would not be in trouble if he told me where they were, so I have to keep my word.  BUT we will have a nice talk about this. 

I get that he still doesn't want to go to school, fussing about clothes, fussing about lunchboxes, even hiding his clothes..... but hiding my car keys... that's a new one. 

.... and poor Kyle.... He said he saw my message and jumped out of bed to go call.  I really felt bad then. 

THE LIFE STORY OF THE COLQUETT'S..... NEVER GETS BORING!

No comments:

Post a Comment