Monday, September 22, 2014

Kyle's 31st Birthday & Soccer Game #1

 You all may not have noticed that I was not able to blog.... like.... any.... last week, but my sweet Mother-in-law did :)!!  

Last week was insanely busy.  One morning I had a 3 hour 45 minute meeting at the Superintendents Office with some other parents because we are helping them this week with the AdvancedEd accreditation certification.  The other days I was Kyle's tag-a-long to do whatever.... and then Friday morning I left for a weekend Moms conference in Nashville with some ladies from church.  

Kyle's birthday was the 14th.  We pretty much celebrated all weekend.  He and my aunt actually share the same birthday and she was turning 50, so we had a surprise party for her that Friday night.  When we got home, somehow the sleepy bug completely left Karter.  He was wide awake.  

 He read the Newspaper for a while.......
 ..... and played with me for a while...... until finally crashing :)!
 Saturday we went to Kyle's Moms house to celebrate!  The kiddos swam, we grilled, just had a great time hanging out. 
His cookie cake from his Mom
 I made him a 6 layer chocolate cake.  My plan was a 9 layer cake, but I ran out of batter for the 9th layer and then 2 of them broke :(!  I was determined to do it "on my own", but was constantly calling my Mom to ask her how to do this or what it meant by this or that..... until finally I said, "You just gotta come over and help me" :)!  I had no idea how in depth this cake was. 
 Sunday after church we ate lunch at My Moms.  She cooked one of Kyle's favorite, cubed steak with gravy. 
 She also made him a Key Lime Cake.....
Soph really wanted us to light a candle for him to blow out and all Mom had was a 5 :)!! #donthate
 That night after church we went to Mexican to celebrate with My Dad, Yana, and Tyler :)!!

Karter laughing in this picture just makes me smile!

Of course this kid is crazy!
I think it is safe to say that he had a wonderful birthday weekend :)!!  We were glad he was home for us to celebrate it with him!

The next day was dance day and soccer.  We were running like chickens with our heads cut off!  We somehow made it by the hair of our chinny chin chin for the first game.





 They played for about 20 minutes or so before it started raining..... HARD...... and the game was called.....

How cute are they?
I still have more of the school audit today, but I can hardly wait to share with you all some of the things from my conference this past weekend.  God really did some things in my heart and I am so glad that I went. 

No comments:

Post a Comment